Business Operations Analyst
- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
Responsible to direct, plan and coordinate the operations for Unmanned and Integrated Solutions (UIS) Sales and Business Development. The Inside Sales manager is responsible for ensuring and improving the performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability of departmental and organizational operations through the provision of effective methods and strategies. This manager works closely with a geographically dispersed team of Business Development and Sales professionals and requires exceptional skill, ability, and willingness to work directly with subordinates, customers, and FLIR support staff who reside in worldwide locations. The Inside Sales Manager will assist developing and executing pursuit strategies for all FLIR UIS products including Aerial Drones, Unmanned Ground Systems, and Critical Infrastructure & Perimeter Security. The Manager will coordinate with the other members of the Business Development and Sales team in all aspects of responses to Request for Proposal, Request for Information, GSA Buy, and Sole Source procurements. The Manager will support the Vice President of Global Business Development with timely responses to data requests, strategic planning, briefing, and other relevant support as requested.
SALES TERRITORIES: Worldwide
POSITION LOCATION: Arlington, VA
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Improve the operational systems, processes in support of organizations mission -- specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
- Directly interface with and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of senior Support Services (contracts, sales operations, legal, IT and Finance) and with senior engineering resources, as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions.
- Play a leadership role in long-term planning, including initiatives geared toward operational excellence.
- Oversee overall financial management, planning, systems and controls.
- Direction of expense budget in coordination with the Vice President.
- Organization of UIS Sales and BD documentation.
- Regular meetings with Vice President around fiscal and operations planning.
- Travel up to 25% to complete the UIS Sales and BD operations objectives (~60 travel days.)
- Travel to support trade shows, customer demonstrations and other business development activities in a cost-effective manner consistent with company policy and under budget as defined by the Vice President of Global Business Development.
- Develop skill sets and leadership qualities in subordinates.
- Interface with UIS business area executive team on Sales and Business Development.
- Liaison with top management. Direct the development of strategic plans for operational activity. Implement and manage operational plans.
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident Status required
- Experience Required: 6 years of government Business Development/Sales experience with a strong emphasis on operations for sales, contracting, and Federal Acquisition Regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to meet scheduled and unscheduled tasking deadlines.
- Strong and persuasive verbal communication and writing skills.
- College Degree Required – Masters Preferred
- Experience with DOD/US Federal government contracts.
- Exceptional skills with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Ability to multi-task and support the Vice President of Global Business Development (Direct Report)
- Travel up to 25%
- Develop professional briefing material and confidently present to senior level audiences.
- Proficient in automated time keeping, travel expenses, and SAP invoicing software.
- Must also be eligible for a secret clearance.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.