Collaboration Systems Advisor
- GHD Limited
- Job Category
- Technical and Skilled Trades
- Job Type
GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10.000 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
Technical Applications Program – Collaborations Systems Advisor
Collaboration Technologies - Manager
The Collaboration Systems Advisor has a primary role supporting and promoting consistency and adoption of GHD Connected Data Environment in support of two primary objectives:
• Improvement in the efficiency / effectiveness of collaboration technology used amongst GHD staff through the use of existing and emerging technologies and reinforcing the defined pathways for their uptake and use , and
• Assisting in the broad digitalization / transformation agenda through active participation in the internal collaboration community and interaction with service line leaders, software managers and minders
The primary focus of the role is to support the regional growth of GHD’s collaboration platforms through the delivery of consistent workflows, techniques and procedures that increase the skills of project teams and enhance the quality and consistency of project outcomes. As a technical advocate within the region, you will be responsible for supporting the regional operations to:
• Maintain regional consistency and currency of the centrally developed Connected Data Environment (CDE) within the region
• Enhance the knowledge of local project teams in the application and execution of GHD’s CDE approach
• Support business units in scoping of collaboration requirements for multi company bids, tenders and projects
• Assist in the mapping of current and future workflows, processes and opportunities for use of new interfaces and solutions. Investigate opportunities to incorporate region specific desktop programs into the CDE framework
• Provide guidance and assistance to the Specialized Applications Support (SAS) team when necessary to address high level technical incidents
• Uses an applied ‘innovation lab’ model to enable co-creation of working samples, prototypes and proof of concepts complementary to the global framework prior to graduating to an implementation / adoption phase
• Liaise with local project teams to scope, define, develop and trial project and/or region specific additions to GHD’s CDE. Feed these regional developments back into the central collaboration framework
• Communication and facilitation skills, both oral and written, open communication
• Proactive approach to all tasks, bias for action
• Ability to handle deadline, task prioritization and concurrent activity
• Professional attitude
• Attention to detail
• High subject matter competence.
• Team development skills, a team player
• Willingness to learn
• People relationship and networking skills
• Understand and adhere to GHD’s Values, Codes of Conduct and Policies
• Understanding of emerging technical applications used within AEC and Environmental professional services companies
• Project management skills
• Strong technical writing skills
Key Performance Indicators:
• Successful support and consistent application of GHD’s primary collaboration platform within the region
• Delivery of regional solutions that provide benefit to local teams, are consistent with the global framework and are delivered on time and within budget,
• Contribution to the services provided by the Global Collaborations team and the overall Technical Applications Program
• Management of administrative and support tasks
• Living GHD’s values – teamwork, respect and integrity
• Degree or technical qualification in Engineering, Architecture, Environmental Services, Computer Sciences or equivalent industry experience
• Previous experience in similar roles dealing with a technical audience (preferred)
• Experience with applied use of the following platforms for Project Delivery
o ProjectWise Connect Edition
o BIM 360 Design
• Authoring tools for Architectural and Engineering Design
We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work/life balance contributes to the success and happiness of our people. We also offer competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.