IT Support Intern
- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
Tasks may include but are not limited to, the following:
- Work with business analysts and system users define and manage requirements
- Revise existing applications from written program specifications that have been provided by, or developed with, the Business Analyst or user
- Review program requests and specifications for logic and data consistency; recommend alternatives when appropriate
- Estimate time to complete program changes from high-level specifications
- Maintain, or enhance custom programs, including maintenance of documentation, and change management systems
- Assist with design, development and implement system enhancements utilizing best practices of the software vendor
- Collaborate to consistently improve the support processes through initiatives
- Assist with design test plans, execution of test scenarios, validate test data, and document test results
- Collaborate with other company developers to develop company development standards, best practices, and code reviews
- Participate in the development of IT policies, procedures, and processes
- Currently enrolled in an accredited College or University
- Able to read and write in English required
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, ability to follow instruction, policies, & procedures (requirements)
- Experience with Windows XP, Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2010 or 2013
- Must be a US Citizen or have Permanent Resident Status
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.