Electrical Engineer (Contract)
- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
This Engineer will be responsible for design, implementation, validation, and documentation of resolution of a part obsolescence issue. This project is time sensitive and critical for the continued production of current products. Candidates must be able to prove US Citizenship or have documentation stating their right to work within the United States. This position is a contract limited duration full-time at the Wilsonville, OR facility.
- Ability to design and implement digital circuits based on system requirements
- Board-level digital circuit design with complex BGA components
- Ability to implement high-speed, serial circuits
- Schematic capture
- Ability to manage complex, multi-layer PCB layout
- Familiarity with PCB materials and the fabrication/assembly processes
- Strong debugging skills
- Excellent team skills and the ability to work within a diverse group across multiple sites
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic, highly motivated, and self-directed
- Ability to effectively multi-task and manage prioritized design tasks
- Familiarity with Windows, MS Office.
Additional Desired Skills
- Familiarity with PCI, VME, and serial standards.
- Familiarity with memory, FPGAs and integrated microprocessors.
- Proficiency with Mentor Graphics DxDesigner a plus
- Ability to design analog circuits including SPICE simulation
- Ability to design electrically isolated circuits
- Knowledge of system grounding and EMI design considerations
- Ability to design DC Power supply circuits
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering. A minimum of 3 years of experience in electrical engineering with a focus on circuit design and development.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.