- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
Designs, develops, and implements cost-effective methods of testing and troubleshooting systems and equipment. Prepares test and diagnostic programs, designs test fixtures and equipment, and completes specifications and procedures for new products. Plans the labor, schedules, and equipment required for testing and evaluating standard and special devices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Characterization, test and analysis of bolometer readouts and FPAs in a production environment
- Develop test software or modify/augment previously developed software using Visual Basic
- Configure test set hardware to perform required characterization or production testing
- Write Test Procedures and Test Reports as appropriate
- Mentor for test technicians working in a production test environment
- Assist other engineers and technicians in the performance of related duties
- Interact with various supervisors and production personnel to ensure effective communication and product flow
- Attention to Detail required to ensure consistent conscientiousness related to the quality of work, by performing work assignments with an acute attention to detail, precision, accuracy, thoroughness and orderliness.
- Analytical Problem Solving skills are required to be able to understand and solve complex issues as they relate to production and engineering test software and hardware.
- Collaboration & teamwork required to effectively support production, engineering and processing team methods and objectives.
- Communication Skills-Oral, Listening & Written are essential to communicating effectively to meet milestones and schedules.
- Continuous Learning is necessary to keep current with technology advances in the fields of electronics, computers and associated test and analysis software.
- Coping Skills are essential to be able to stay focused, calm and cool to deal with multiple demands, priority milestones, changing priorities and production scheduling.
- Flexibility is required to ensure adaptability when working with production and special projects that need changing priorities and timely execution.
Knowledge & Experience in the following required:
- Infrared readout and Focal Plane Arrays
- Principals of PC-based testing and characterization
- Strong computer skills – Windows, Word, Excel, Visual Basic
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Must be able to communicate orally and in writing using the English language
- Must possess U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident Alien (“Green Card”) status
- B.S. Engineering - advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years of test engineering or equivalent
- Understanding of Infrared readout and Focal Plane Arrays
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.
More search results
Indigenous Healing and Medicine Coordinator
St. Joseph's Care Group
Executive Director, Cultural Survival
Chief Governance & Partnership Officer CGPO
Indigenous Tourism BC
Managing Director. Administrative Operations
Managing Director, Nation Services