- Altec Industries, Inc.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec, Inc., there's never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That's why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that's why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
Architects and builds software applications supporting internal business requirements or external customers. Participates in all phases of the development lifecycle, including requirements definition, design, architecture, development, testing, and support.
- Work directly with product owners, stakeholders, and other developers to create UI/UX designs for both new and existing applications
- Create concepts, wireframes, and mockups for multiple device layouts
- Identify and troubleshoot UX issues
- Create standard UI components and style guides
- Conduct usability tests
- Remain highly adaptable
- All other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- College degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related discipline or equivalent work experience required
- Three-plus years of experience with responsive web interface design required
- Experience with UX and Graphic design tools (Adobe XD, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Balsamiq) preferred
- Experience with mobile interface design preferred
- Understanding of browser Developer Tools required
- Proficiency with writing unit test cases preferred
- Software Development experience preferred
- Understanding of Git or other version control system preferred
- Current valid Driver's License
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrated record of responsibility
- Extremely detail oriented
- Customer Service Oriented
- Motivated, goal oriented and persistent
- Maintain Company confidentiality
- Must handle stress and deadlines well
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Initiatives
- Travel 0-25%
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.