Manager, UX/UI Design
- Ingram Micro Inc
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Position at Ingram Micro
Do you want to help drive innovations in a unique eCommerce space? Do you want to be part of a high-performance team in the world's largest technology distributor? Ingram Micro is ranked in the Top 100 for "America's Best Employers" by Fortune. We are a $50B company with a unique business model of touching more than 80% of all the technology in the world.
The Digital Strategy team is looking for a Manager, UX / UI, to lead the design initiatives for our digital customer experience. We are looking for an innovative design thinker who is self-sufficient, thrives in ambiguity, has experience in quickly grasping requirements, manage a team of designers and can drive results across business product and technical teams.
- Manage and develop a team of designers, setting clear goals, managing workloads and allocating designers, accordingly, ensuring deadlines are met and setting up team members for overall success.
- Lead and provide guidance to the team to develop best practices for maintain a high bar for quality and throughput.
- Create frameworks to understand and be the voice of our internal and external customer.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product management, engineering, user research and communication design to ensure a smooth product development process.
- Recruit new designers and actively participate in the hiring process.
- Define a gather relevant metrics to drive product design decision.
- Roll up your sleeves and contribute as a designer when necessary.
- Execute in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment.
- Establish and maintain a strong stakeholder network with high level of trust that facilitates action.
- Establish a fact-based culture in the organization by defining data driven decision processes.
- Help to build a strong design culture within the organization.
- Lead the efforts in user research, product design, product innovation, user experience and design that transforms the Ingram Micro Digital properties.
- Regular communication with senior leadership across business, digital strategy, and technology, therefore, executive presentation skills are essential for this opportunity.
- Ensure that user-facing products are both highly effective and world-class in design.
- Own the discipline of user experience and design system to enable itself and similar lateral organizations achieve standards in design based on industry leaders.
- Key contributor to the digital strategy, providing the factual basis for future customer experiences and its development.
- Team building, Cross Functional Collaboration, Accountability, Ownership and Defining Success Criteria's are some of the key qualities required for this position.
- Passion for delivering user centric design and a knack for balancing user need with technical requirements.
- Invest in the success and growth of your team while acting as a liaison and thought leader for partner organizations.
- Maintain customer archetypes and user personas to ensure the stakeholders understand the needs of our customers.
- Rally the product and design teams around a shared design thinking methodology and culture.
- Invent new features and experiences that keep Ingram's digital properties are ahead of the competition.
- Collaborate with product management, engineering and other stakeholders to develop industry-standard products.
- Present and justify design rationale and key milestone deliverables to peers and stakeholders.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards.
- Evolve Ingram's visual design language, extending it to include interaction patterns.
- Collaboration with development teams to define scope, budget, and transform the existing waterfall processes in Agile Framework.
What you bring to the role:
- BA/BS degree in HCI, UX, or related field is required.
- 10+ years of design experience with a focus on eCommerce or related field.
- 4 + years industry experience in a management role on a Design team.
- A portfolio of relevant design work (from UX design to visual design systems), executed either by yourself or a team that you led, that showcases your ability to ship successful products that people love.
- Experience leading a product focused high-performance design team.
- Experience working with engineers, product managers, and user researchers to drive strategy, vision, and execution.
- Experience managing process and teams in an agile/scrum environment.
- Experience working in the B2B/Technology/Logistics space.
- Experience working with design systems and tools such as Sketch, Invision and Adobe.
- A user-centered design approach and highly collaborative, low-ego approach to design.
- Experience attracting, hiring and retaining top design talent.
- Comfortable managing a wide range of responsibilities at the same time.
- Experience in AB and multivariance testing.
- Outstanding communication skills, comfortable presenting complex topics to stakeholders at various organizational levels both in person and remotely.
- Outstanding presentation skills and story-telling.
- Some knowledge of API's, 3 rd Party Systems, Legacy Systems (SAP) and integration with modern day SaaS solutions.
* This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It's a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.