- Ingram Micro Inc
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Position at Ingram Micro
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $50 billion in revenue, we have become the world's largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 33,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
Exciting ground floor opportunity to build a successful transportation and logistics supply chain business for $50B company and the world's largest distributor of technology. This encompasses all the activities and results associated with the company's US Operations, including all related international transactions, transportation/logistics capabilities with the collaborative partnering with the IM Sales, IM-Logistics, IM Mobility, Vendor Management and Operations departments, and optimizing the end-to-end transportation service levels (including transit time) and related expense rates. Position will be accountable for the operational implementation of the JDA Transportation Management System. Position will also partner with Global Strategic Sourcing to develop the core carrier strategy and manage negotiations with and between carriers and the budget these contracts are charged to. This position offers a unique opportunity to be a part of building a world class transportation and logistics operation.
The successful candidate should have thorough knowledge of supply chain management and an understanding of warehouse procedures, including storing goods, dispatching orders and tracking transportation vehicles. In summary:
- Responsible for the operation of the company's transportation network.
- Oversees the acquisition of transportation providers to develop broader network in collaboration with our global procurement team.
- Implementation and Management of Enterprise Transportation Management Systems (JDA). (Moved up)
- Ensures the alignment between third party partners and distribution centers to fulfill customer needs.
- Create functional strategies and specific objectives and develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure.
- Safety processes and legal regulations
- Ensure that all shipments are handled quickly, safely and within budget.
- Define and Implement Transportation Delivery services expansion to support customer SLA's and expand Ingram Micro's transportation services capabilities and offerings.
- Deliver results associated with transportation/logistics improvement initiatives.
- Directing the day-to-day management of meeting the company's transportation service requirements, including:
- Preparation of the annual budget, and managing department at or below budgeted levels for both percent of sales and cost per unit/order; investigate and explain all variances (favorable and unfavorable) to budget/history.
- Managing the Transportation team to departmental KPI's and where appropriate establish/track new KPI's.
- Continually review shipping requirements to determine the best carrier options for the inbound and outbound transportation platform across all business segments.
- Capturing opportunities to optimize the number of delivery days with cost and service requirements.
- Investigate and explain all trends related to carrier service failures; where appropriate, ensure that charge-backs are issued and collected.
- Keeping abreast of all geopolitical and labor developments and their impact on freight expense/service.
- Evaluating staffing levels of the department, looking for opportunities to consolidate tasks where appropriate and create new internal shared service offerings to the businesses.
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations Management or related industry is required. BSc in Supply Chain, Logistics or relevant field is a plus. A Master's Degree in Supply Chain Management is preferred, and MBA could be a differentiator.
- 15 years of Logistics/Distribution/ and/or Transportation related experience with 10 years of supervisory experience.
- Proven work experience as Director Transportation, Director Shipping or a similar role.
- Experience at executive levels within a matrixed, cross functional, global, high volume distribution organization (B2B and B2C) or international 3PL company- ideally multinational or top tier supply chain consulting firm.
- Thorough knowledge of transportation functionality and management, along with competitive and leading-edge offerings in the regions.
- Distribution operations knowledge to include receiving, shipping and inventory control processes.
- Solid knowledge of supply chain management.
- Understanding of 3PL operations to assist in client acquisition and process development.
- Knowledge of International transportation laws, rules and regulations and transportation systems and policies.
* Position will have approximately 20% travel.
* This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It's a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.
More search results
Indigenous Healing and Medicine Coordinator
St. Joseph's Care Group
Executive Director, Cultural Survival
Chief Governance & Partnership Officer CGPO
Indigenous Tourism BC
Managing Director. Administrative Operations
Managing Director, Nation Services