- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
Grow and manage global sales for U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) accounts.
- Focus efforts on increasing and closing sales opportunities; generate and manage leads, conduct cold calls, increase product awareness and drive customer engagement.
- Secure, schedule and perform product briefs and capability demonstrations. Provide quotes, proposals, and furnish product overviews.
- Attend trade shows/Staff trade show booth.
- Record/report on sales opportunities and customer feedback.
- Experience conducting business within or for the U.S. Department of Defense, i.e., Commercial Sales or logistics officer, operations, Regional/HQ Command Staff, Command Position, etc.
- Understanding of threat detection market space in Air Force, Army, Navy, and Marine Corps.
- Experience in DoD Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution along with the unit and command level acquisition and contracting processes.
- Practical experience/knowledge in CBRNE related functions and use of detection tools, i.e. explosives detection, security sensors, GC/MS, Radiation Detection and Identification devices, Chemical Agent detection, etc.
- Experience in sales or sales type activity or translatable military skills.
- Skilled at lead development, client engagement, capability demonstrations, opportunity management, and follow-up.
- Persuasive speaking and excellent writing skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Preferred experience from one or more of the following: Air Force, Army, Navy or Marine Corps Senior NCO/Officer Specialties or functions: Emergency Management, Security Forces, Explosives Ordnance Disposal, Sensitive Site Exploitation, Military Police, CBRN Specialist, etc.
- Technical degree in related field.
- Experience in customer relations and service.
- Must be willing to travel extensively (60%) and at short notice, both domestically and abroad.
- Must be capable of lifting 75 - 100 lbs and standing for long durations.
- Ability to work independently from a remote office.
- US Citizenship required
- Preferred home basing on Eastern Coast of U.S.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.