- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
The Director of Talent Acquisition will transform our staffing teams and develop a world class, global talent acquisition function to drive FLIRs vision and plans for accelerated business growth across multiple business units. The TA Director will build and lead a high performing organization to engage and attract the best talent, to respond to our fast-evolving business needs, and deliver against aggressive hiring targets. The TA Director will be a partner and advisor to leadership teams and create a best in class candidate experience. This position will have an important strategic impact, and will also play a tactical, hands on role that is deeply involved in day to day operations.
- Advise executive staff and key stakeholders on talent acquisition best practices and strategies.
- Lead organizational change initiatives to create a centralized, world class recruitment function.
- Prepare and review an annual recruitment budget.
- Provide management and direction to a global team of regular and contingent employees and outsourced partners to execute on staffing plans.
- Provide support and guidance to recruitment teams to respond to hiring manager needs, manage candidate relationships, and support offer negotiations.
- Collaborate with HR and business unit operations to identify hiring needs and implement strategies.
- Develop and execute workforce planning forecast model.
- Influence across a global, matrixed environment.
- Partner closely with HR teams and shared services teams to achieve business goals and objectives.
- Develop and drive a compelling, world class global talent acquisition strategy to build a solid pipeline of technical and professional talent for FLIR.
- Develop and implement a global employment brand strategy that promotes FLIR’s employment value proposition and attracts and retains talent.
- Partner with internal partners and external vendors to employ innovative recruitment technology tools and solutions.
- Understand the talent needs of the business and create a unified college recruitment strategy and program to build bench strength.
- Ensure recruiting efforts are aligned with and support the diversity and inclusion vision, mission, and strategy.
- Analyze recruiting current state, design future state, and streamline processes for improvement to achieve best in class customer and candidate experience.
- Evaluate and recommend candidate assessment tools.
- Develop and implement a consistent manager interview training program to improve quality of hire and streamline the interview selection process.
- Partner with the public relations team to develop a veteran recruitment strategy and outreach program.
- Partner with the compensation team on offer development for key roles.
- Partner with HR teams to develop effective orientation programs that promote the FLIR Values and streamline new hire onboarding.
- Select and manage external recruiting partners and vendor relationships to support the growth of business.
- Partner closely with Procurement to create cost effective talent acquisition programs.
- Consolidate and standardize both contingent and direct hire agency contract and engagement processes.
Metrics and Reporting
- Present plans, forecast, and strategy to executive management teams.
- Develop and implement communication strategy and a regular cadence for reporting analytics and team performance to executive staff.
- Define and establish key metrics aligned with best practices, measure results, and communicate through dashboards, reporting, and presentation to executive staff.
- Implement team strategies to achieve targets for key metrics.
- Synthesize and analyze hire data and create impactful communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or related business or technical field is required. Master’s degree is desired.
- 10+ years of experience in human resources experience or related function.
- 5+ years of experience leading a global recruiting function
- 5+ years managing teams
- 4+ years in technology or defense industries
- 4+ years in a manufacturing environment
- Proven experience building talent acquisition functions
- Experience leading organizational change in a matrixed environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with executive staff and influence decision makers
- Deep knowledge and experience in full life cycle recruiting, including workforce planning, sourcing, interview prep, selection, and debrief methods, offer negotiation, relocation, and onboarding
- Knowledge and experience with a variety of innovative candidate sourcing methods
- Proven experience recruiting for a variety of position levels including executive recruitment
- Experience leading global project implementation for HR programs
- Experience defining requirements and implementing applicant tracking systems and other tools
- Significant experience with vendor selection, negotiation, and ongoing account management
- Experience designing and implementing behavioral interviewing training programs, or similar approaches
- Expert knowledge and hands on experience with modern recruiting tools
- Superior communication and influencing skills required
- High proficiency in MS Office suite. Ability to utilize Excel for reporting and analysis
- Problem solving, conflict management, relationship development, emotional intelligence
- 30% travel is required.
Leadership Presence: Has executive presence and strong communication skills; verbal, written and presentation. Self-starter that takes personal responsibility, honors commitments, takes action and inspires others to do their best work
Innovation: Proven ability to design and implement impactful talent acquisition programs that integrate across multiple businesses and locations, including a mobile workforce. Adaptable and continuously seeks to improve the business and employee capability
Team Mentality: Inspirational coach, leader, colleague, and culture champion with ability to mentor and provide development guidance. Comfortable providing feedback and mentorship at the executive level and at all levels of the organization.
Problem Solving & Decision Marking : Domain expertise with ability to combine analytical reasoning, creativity and judgment. Proven problem solving, decision-making ability, and team player with ability to work collaboratively with others resulting in positive transformation
Resource Efficiency : Ability to successfully manage competing priorities and deal effectively with strategic issues, as well as tactical operational. Effectively plan, manage, implement, and execute multiple change projects. Strong organizational and follow through skills with focus on attention to detail
Influence Skills: Demonstrated skill proficiency in influencing others to move toward a common vision or goal while building productive and engaging relationships while managing stakeholders at all levels of a matrixed organization. Able to challenge the status-quo sensitively and constructively.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.
More search results
Indigenous Healing and Medicine Coordinator
St. Joseph's Care Group
Executive Director, Cultural Survival
Chief Governance & Partnership Officer CGPO
Indigenous Tourism BC
Managing Director. Administrative Operations
Managing Director, Nation Services