- Altec Industries, Inc.
- St Joseph,MO
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Why Join Altec?
Material Handler Opportunities
There are opportunities for Material Handlers on 2 nd and/or 3 rd shifts at Altec in St. Joseph, Missouri - voted #1 employer!
The Material Handler receives and delivers parts and materials to stocking areas, production areas, and other departments. Pick/pack/ship product to other departments, other divisions, and customers.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Material Handling/Forklift experience
- Computer skills including bar-coding; ability to read and understand technical documents - i.e. engineering drawings
- Ability to work 2nd or 3rd shift
- CDL preferred
- Technical/Vocational Training preferred
- To provide quality and timely workmanship on each job performed.
- Follows all established safety & quality policies and practices.
- Learn and follow all work instructions.
- Learn and operate all equipment within the department.
- Support APS initiatives - Lean Manufacturing
- Rotate responsibilities as needed.
- Computer program usage - Ability to learn Oracle data base / Altec Navigator
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
- Retirement 401(k) Program
- Vacation and Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
- Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Building on 90 years of growth and success, Altec specializes in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, telecom, and specialty equipment. We are the leading equipment and service provider for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, lights and signs, and contractor markets, supporting customers in over 100 countries throughout the world!
- Join the thousands who have made Altec their career decision
- Customer First
- Enjoyment of Work
- Financial Stability
- People Are Our Greatest Strength
- Spiritual Development
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.