- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
Support FLIR productions technically and help to provide information that makes our customers successful. This role is a mix of both technical support and pure engineering activities.
- Create technical documentation for the FLIR products, such as application notes, test documentation, and updates to existing product documentation.
- Identifies, analyzes and resolves program support deficiencies.
- Support assembly, testing and integration development activities
- Provide data analysis and feedback within engineering as requested.
- Helps to coordinate testing subsystems and integration of total systems. Develops and recommends corrective actions
- Support varied customer applications for IR camera systems
- Create troubleshooting guides and application notes
- Support FLIR product documentation, video capture.
- Systems engineering and support to other more senior system engineers
- Assist with special assignments as requested.
- BA/BS Physics, Computer Science, System Engineering required
- Requires mechanical and electrical assembly skills as well as familiarity with various IR test procedures and equipment
- Strong computer skills required: Word, Excel, Outlook, MatLab, PowerPoint
- Desired computer programming skills (C#, Linux etc)
- IR theory and IR camera operation preferred (will train)
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills are required to clearly articulate problems, issues, solutions and conclusions to customers, sales, engineering and marketing teams.
- Analytical problem solving skills required to identify the root cause of difficult technical problems relating to camera products
- Collaboration and teamwork required to effectively work with Sales and Engineering teams.
- Flexibility is crucial to be successful in our high-paced environment with changing priorities
- Must take initiative in order to achieve desired personal and organizational goals and meet workload expectations.
- Must be a US Citizen or have Permanent Resident Status required.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.
More search results
Indigenous Healing and Medicine Coordinator
St. Joseph's Care Group
Executive Director, Cultural Survival
Chief Governance & Partnership Officer CGPO
Indigenous Tourism BC
Managing Director. Administrative Operations
Managing Director, Nation Services