- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
IR Detector Packaging Technician
Under the supervision of the IR Detector Packaging Manager, provide microelectronics assembly support to IR Detector Packaging Lab. Work environment is Clean room/Lab environment.
- Performs Detailed micro-electronics assembly of IR Detector Packages with extensive use of microscopes. Typical operations may include:
- Wire bonding and pull testing
- Adhesive bonding
- Ultrasonic cleaning
- Helium Leak Detection
- Work in Clean room and observe ESD precautions
- Manual and automatic wire bonding
- Precision alignment using Z-scope
- Majority of work requires use of Stereo Zoom Microscope
- Spot welding and split gap welding
- Seam sealing and Laser welding
- Use of electrical meters
Use of calipers, height gauges, dial indicators and micrometers.
US Citizen or have Permanent Resident Status required
Knowledge and Experience in the following required:
- Basic computer skills -Excel & Word
- Able to read and write in English
- Use of microscopes
Knowledge and Experience in the following desired:
- Ultrasonic wire bonding
- Soldering and Spot welding
- Clean room protocol knowledge
- Handling ESD sensitive hardware
- Able to read & work to engineering documentation
- Use of metrology equipment (calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, Z-scopes)
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.