- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the design and development of complex precision Electro-Optical systems and components to meet both customer requirements and application needs. He/she must be experienced in evaluating optical design solutions via sophisticated analytical techniques and tools to predict performance and manufacturability. This includes lens design, tolerance analysis, detailed drawing preparation, and system performance modeling in support of a variety of program deliverables ranging from prototype hardware to first article production units. The candidate will also be responsible to help develop test methods and procedures to characterize optical system performance. Relevant experience and project management capabilities are required.
- Design and development of complex and innovative state-of-the-art optical and electro-optical components, systems, and subsystems. Prior experience with infrared system design and test is desired - including NIR, SWIR, MWIR and LWIR wavebands.
- Take a lead role in developing optical system designs and defining design philosophy, directing and performing system analyses, and evaluating detailed designs for completeness and correctness. Identify specific plans to accomplish the project on time, utilizing optical design/analysis software (Zemax preferred). Experience with non-sequential raytrace methods and stray light analysis also desired.
- May be required to provide assistance during proposal activities by planning technical efforts and estimating engineering and labor requirements necessary to successfully perform on the contract, taking into account stated cost goals, schedule constraints, and varying levels of functional specifications.
- Ability to lead and manage engineering projects.
- Working knowledge of optical assembly & testing techniques including MTF testing, interferometry, alignment telescopes and optical inspection devices.
- Interface with customers and suppliers in technical areas relating to the project.
- Bachelor’s degree in optics or equivalent with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in optical systems development and implementation.
- Strong organizational, presentation and customer relationship skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and complete multiple tasks.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products: Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Project.
- Ability to learn and remain current in new technology and practices of optical engineering.
- US Person required: US Citizen or US Permanent Resident
- Master’s Degree in optics or equivalent.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.