- Best Buy Canada
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
BI Developer, eCommerce
Do you love turning huge amounts of raw data into clean, thoughtfully-analyzed intel that can be used to guide strategic decisions? If yes, we're looking for someone like you to join our rapidly growing eCommerce team as a BI Developer .
At Best Buy Canada, we believe empowered people and teams make smarter, faster, and more creative decisions. Our eCommerce department is a truly Agile environment, where the distance between any one person and senior leadership is microscopic. Here, you'll work on something big, small, or super cool and before you can blink 100,000 people will see it. You'll create fast, learn fast, and develop fast. Oh, and sometimes you'll fail fast too. That's ok. (Honestly.) It's all part of the process.
As a BI Developer on the Digital Intelligence (DI) team, you'll be integral to our goal of building seamless online user experiences. As an expert in analytics and eCommerce, you'll deep-dive into multiple data sources, seeking critical insights and answers to important business questions. In this holistic role, you'll create compelling, easily-understood Dashboards and Visualizations for business users and maintain queries and documentation used by the team .
What you'll be doing:
- • Supporting ongoing delivery of automated reports via SSRS, Power BI, Adobe Analytics, and other tools as required • Maintaining queries and documentation to improve the re-usability of code and improve knowledge sharing in the team • Creating effective data visualizations, trends, and tables that convey insights to users quickly and intuitively • Performing descriptive analysis and making recommendations to stakeholders • Providing ongoing support to users of products through feature enhancements and technical support • Supporting analysts on our Digital Intelligence team with data they need to conduct ad-hoc analysis requests • Championing a data-driven culture by supporting the eCommerce department to raise its overall analytic IQ through formal training, workshops, insights meetings, and presentations to senior leadership
- • Ensuring the accuracy of your products by proactively and regularly validating against raw data on a regular basis using SQL
What you'll need to succeed:
- • 1+ years of experience transforming data sets using SQL and Excel • Familiarity with relational databases and ETL processes • 1+ years of experience in reporting and developing dashboards and tools using an Enterprise Business Intelligence tool (i.e. Qlikview, Tableau, Power BI) • 1+ years experience completing data-driven analyses to solve business problems and generate revenue within a large eCommerce organization
- • 1+ year(s) experience working in an Agile environment • Familiarity with tools like JIRA and Confluence • Experience using Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics • Experience manipulating data with scripting languages like Python or R
What's waiting for you at head office:
Our goal is work-life harmony for every employee. Don't feel like driving to work each day? Hop on our free shuttle service that runs between our head office and the SkyTrain at Metrotown. Can't find the time to work out as much as you'd like? Hit the treadmill, stationary bike, or weight room in our 24-hour on-site gym staffed by professional trainers. No time to pack a lunch or make breakfast? Our fully catered (and partially subsidized!) cafeteria serves everything from eggs benny and French toast to fresh-made sandwiches, stir fry, pasta, entrees, and more.
We also believe an amazing work-life harmony includes continual learning and growth... on company time. That's why everyone in our eCommerce and Technology departments has their own professional career coach, career development plan, and access to a series of in-house development seminars.
There's more, too:
- • Competitive benefits, including a variety of options for extended health, dental, and life insurance • Registered Pension Plan where the company matches your contributions, dollar for dollar • Employee stock purchase plan, with the company matching up to 5% of your eligible contributions • Significant employee discounts both in-store and online • Easy access to riverside trails and parks when you need to unplug and take a break • Free parking in our lot and loads of free street parking in the area • On-site dry cleaning drop off and pick up service • Opportunity to participate in regular hackathons and other similar events
If this sounds like a perfect fit, we want to hear from you! Send us your resume and cover letter to apply. Best Buy Canada is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on gender, race, or sexual orientation.
More search results
Indigenous Healing and Medicine Coordinator
St. Joseph's Care Group
Executive Director, Cultural Survival
Chief Governance & Partnership Officer CGPO
Indigenous Tourism BC
Managing Director. Administrative Operations
Managing Director, Nation Services