- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
The layout designer Consultant is responsible for converting analog, digital and mixed-signal schematics to layout for block-level designs. The layout designer will perform block-level verification and assist in integrating into chip-level designs. Works closely with design engineers to ensure layout quality and performance optimization.
Layout completed using Cadence Virtuoso and Mentor Calibre. With additional documentation completed as necessary.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Converting schematics to layout for custom analog, digital or mixed circuit blocks with attention to device matching, optimizing parasitics and meeting route impedance requirements.
- Performing DRC, LVS and PEX checks and resolving errors.
- Performing dummy fill, density and uniformity optimization.
- Resolving minor CAD/tool issues.
- Min. 5 years IC layout design experience
- Proficiency with Cadence and Calibre tool suites
- Ability to debug and resolve DRC/LCS errors independently
- Acute attention to detail in all aspects of work, including layout, checklists, and documentation
- Strong knowledge of analog/mixed-signal layout conventions and rules for reducing layout risk
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Understanding of considerations for parasitic coupling, route impedance and power requirements
- Ability to work both independently and as a team on challenging problems, and intuition to seek help or advice when needed to stay productive
- Ability to communicate effectively with designers, understand requirements and implement the requested layout
- US Person: US Citizen or US Permanent Resident required
- Understanding of layout effects on circuit performance
- Experience in 180nm, 130nm and 65nm (or below) design nodes
- Experience in Skill programming
- Experience in shell scripting, perl, python or similar language
- Experience in tape-out process, including working with foundry for mask making
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.
More search results
Indigenous Healing and Medicine Coordinator
St. Joseph's Care Group
Executive Director, Cultural Survival
Chief Governance & Partnership Officer CGPO
Indigenous Tourism BC
Managing Director. Administrative Operations
Managing Director, Nation Services