- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
FLIR's Mechanical Engineer; Level 1 will work on problems of limited scope. Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be obtained. Builds stable working relationships internally.
- Mechanical design and drawings of infrared cameras, sub-assemblies, components and possible tooling using Solidworks
- Analyze mechanical performances (structural, thermal, fluid flow, dynamic, geometric tolerances, etc.) using hand calculations and detailed Finite Element Analysis (FEA).
- Participate in engineering designs reviews to ensure requirements are met
- Interface and manage subcontractors and machine shops with respect to design aspects, engineering and manufacturability issues.
- Inspect first articles and assemble prototypes, detailed failure analysis, and initiate ECNs for appropriate changes if required
- Work closely with Detector Packaging, Camera Manufacturing and QA for design/manufacturing improvement and for technical supports in production of detector packages and cameras
- Works with Manufacturing Engineering on drawing and BOM releases, change control, and configuration management
- Attention to Detail : Consistently demonstrates conscientiousness related to the quality of work, to ensure that designs are completed with attention to detail, precision, accuracy, thoroughness and orderliness.
- Continuous Learning : Spends time and energy to learn new approaches, tools, and methodologies to stay on top of technology changes and software programs as they relate to mechanical engineering.
- Innovation : Ability to develop new ideas and/or creative designs using innovative, methodologies and/or concepts
- Communication Skills-Oral, Listening & Written required ensuring effective dissemination of information to product team, customers and organizational leadership as required.
- Decision Making & Problem Solving required to ensure that when faced with individual or multi-faceted problems, consistently identifies, and evaluates alternatives, risks, and consequences prior to making decisions.
- Collaboration and Teamwork required to successfully integrate mechanical engineering contributions into the product team environment and effectively interface with team members to maximize team efforts and productivity
- Strong Organization, Planning & Execution skills required to ensure adherence to detailed Mechanical Engineering design processes and documentation and to meet schedule requirements
Knowledge & Experience In the following required:
- Manufacturing and processing techniques
- fabrication methods - machining, extruding, casting, stereolithography, electroforming, finishing, etc.
- Surface finishes - plating, painting, etc
- Mechanical and adhesive fastening
- Mechanical engineering design principles and theory
- Stress/strain behavior
- Heat transfer
- Structural dynamics
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA), ANSYS or Solidworks
- Three-dimensional visualization ability
- Solidworks 3D CAD solid modeling software and mechanical design practices
Education and Experience:
- Solidworks experience
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.