- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
FLIR Integrated Imaging Solutions (IIS), a division of FLIR systems, is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of machine vision digital cameras. Our cameras are vital components in the fast growing, transformative industries of robotics, autonomous vehicles, industrial automation, virtual reality, medical/life sciences and retail analytics.
We are looking to add a Mechanical Engineer to join our Mechanical Engineering team based in Richmond BC.
- Design & debug mechanical components that interface with electronics and optics, and involve stamping, sheet metal, die casting, CNC machining, and injection molding.
- Design of assembly fixtures and jigs and other components required for prototyping and manufacturing.
- Assist in transfer of design and assembly data for prototyping and production.
- Interface with Manufacturing to help diagnose and resolve issues on new and established products.
- Working with vendors to improve manufacturing and reduce costs.
- Perform testing and modifications to validate designs and meet regulatory compliance.
- Write and edit technical reports, drawings, proposals, presentations, and other materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Diploma in Mechanical Design
- Proficiency with 3D parametric modelling software
- 5+ years’ experience in a mechanical design or engineering capacity
- Ability to solve complex problems and take new perspective using existing solutions
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to create and maintain designs and detailed drawings
- Knowledge of drawing standards and mechanical design standard practice
- Proficiency with hand tools and be "mechanically inclined"
- Knowledge of fabrication processes such as machining, die-casting, injection molding, and sheet metal stamping an asset
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.