Service Technician - Summer Intern
- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
Location: Burlington, ON
Employment Type: Summer Intern
Under supervision, this individual will effectively perform check-in of all FLIR service cameras and accessories itemizing contents into SAP business system. Also coordinate with service team any discrepant return information, observing and listing any incoming damage. The individual will provide quality checks on cameras using acceptance test procedures which will result in the successful repair and maintenance of FLIR Systems Thermography products. This technician will also assist internal technicians providing routine firmware upgrades and calibration support as needed.
- Conduct itemized check in for all Thermography products and coordinate any discrepant return information to the service team.
- Assist Engineering in development and implementation of system upgrades, ECO's, and new product implementation by providing quality feedback.
- Assist as needed developing standard repair and maintenance procedures which will be documented to company and ISO 9000 standards.
- Provide technical support in the development of customer service spare parts inventory, including establishing requirements for contents and quantities.
- Provide calibration support as needed.
- Provide quality assurance testing using acceptance test procedures.
- Support the testing of demo, rental and trade-in equipment.
- Perform other job related duties as required.
- College Sudent
- Electronics/IT experience or equivalent a plus.
- Electro-mechanical troubleshooting skills, proficient with using electronic test equipment preferred, e.g., oscilloscopes, digital voltmeters, and signal generators.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.