- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
FLIR Integrated Imaging Solutions (IIS), a division of FLIR systems, is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of machine vision digital cameras. Our cameras are vital components in the fast growing, transformative industries of robotics, autonomous vehicles, industrial automation, virtual reality and medical/life sciences.
We are looking for a Software Developer to join the Manufacturing Automation software team. This team is responsible for providing solid and scalable software infrastructure, tools and applications to verify, configure, and manufacture FLIR products. Our top priority is to produce high quality cameras efficiently and reliably.
The ideal candidate for this position should have strong background in architecting distributed / service-oriented system and have diverse knowledge on various technical areas. Candidate should be detail and results oriented, proficient in multiple programming languages, strong in problem solving and debugging, and able to support a small team by providing technical guidance. Continuous improvement isn't a bonus, but rather a must have.
- Design, implement, support next generation of FLIR manufacturing software
- Research and analysis on algorithm and performance issues
- Stay on top of software technologies and architecture helping manufacturing to improve efficiency and robustness
- Provide guidance to Junior developers
- Support legacy tools
- University degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or College degree in related fields
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Proficient in C#
- Strong object-oriented programming skills
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Practical experience in SQL/NoSQL Database
- Practical experience in web front-end and back-end technologies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Agile Methodology
- Big data analytics
- Cloud infrastructure and deployment
- GUI design
- Understanding of image processing and computer vision concepts
- Software automation
- Software build system
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.