Import/Export Analyst, Global Trade Compliance (GTC), Traffic
- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
- Effectively coordinate with the cross-functional business groups to process international shipments per the Global Trade Compliance (GTC) international shipping process.
- Prepare all required import and export documentation as required to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
- Coordinate and transmit routing instructions to freight forwarders/brokers and foreign entities as needed.
- Work with freight forwarders/brokers to facilitate clearance procedures and resolve any problems that may arise.
- Provide support to special projects, as needed.
- Maintain weekly status report to manage export/import holds and shipment status as needed.
- Serve as internal resource for logistic questions, scheduling and primary contact for problem solving for shipping related issues.
- Process and or review/approve EEI filings to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
- Maintain and organize all required documentation per Global Trade Compliance (GTC) record keeping requirements.
- Ensure proper use and administration of ITAR/EAR authorizations, exemptions, and exceptions in accordance to the Global Trade Compliance (GTC) policies and procedures.
- Maintain and track status on carnets, Temporary Import Bonds, and DSP-73s.
- Audit international shipments as required per Global Trade Compliance (GTC) policy.
- Familiarity in the understanding of air, ocean and ground based logistics.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, detail oriented with a strong bias for action.
- Proven attention to detail, with excellent analytical, problem solving and personal organization skills.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and under pressure
- Ability to be flexible with changing priorities and to meet changing customer requirements
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Experience with US Import/Export Regulations; International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the Foreign Trade Regulations (FTR), US Customs Regulations
- Familiarity with Incoterms
- Degree in International Business or associated discipline or equivalent experience and 2-4 years international and domestic traffic or logistics experience
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.