- Best Buy Canada
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
The Product Test Supervisor sets priorities and direction for Product Test and Refurbishment teams at Geek Squad City. The core function of these teams is to process our returns inventory (store stock) product through the required stages to qualify it for our various resale channels (store Open Box, OB2 or Secondary Markets). The Supervisor holds Team Leads and Associates accountable to complete daily tasks, meet business goals, manage relationships with partnering teams and uphold customer service standards. Ensures appropriate staffing levels to achieve targets and maintains an environment that promotes company values as well as career development of Team Leads and Associates. Identifies and facilitates the timely completion of projects relating to the continuous improvement of the team and business. The Supervisor interacts and works with other departments to investigate and resolve problems. Maintains a clean and safe work area.
As a Product Test Supervisor you will...
- • Evaluate processes and recommend changes in order to improve efficiency. Gain a thorough understanding of all departmental processes. • Lead and support team through change. Support, implement and drive projects initiated to improve team and business performance as it relates to quality, productivity and customer service. • Anticipate and prevent errors and serve as a liaison with appropriate teams to troubleshoot and resolve problems. • Maintain team compliance with company operating policies and procedures. • Produce reports by collecting data pertaining to the key performance metrics of the team and business. • Work with Team Leads and Associates to ensure targeted requirements are met as it relates to quality, productivity, and customer service. • Ensure daily department work requirements are scheduled and assigned; monitor regularly and ensure staffing levels align with workload demand. • Prioritize the duties and responsibilities of Team Leads. • Provide coaching and training, as well as clear direction and communication pertaining to action plans and due dates. • Provide and solicit feedback including recognition. • Execute ongoing performance review and development; assist with recruitment and retention of associates. • Work closely with the Manager regarding concerns or areas of risk within the team.
We hope you are passionate about...
- • Leading by example - coaching, mentoring and energizing team members to improve • Communication - building trusting relationships and getting buy-in from team members • Having fun while being the best - we work hard but play harder
Here's what we need...
- • Minimum 2 years of leadership experience. • Minimum high school diploma or equivalent. Additional certification/training in business administration, leadership and/or project management is an asset. • Proven ability to lead and motivate teams consisting of at least 12 individuals. • Experience in a fast-paced environment; must be able to work well under pressure, have great attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
- • Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to deal with internal and external customers. • Intermediate to advanced computer skills specifically related to MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). • Strong working knowledge of SMARTS and a broad technical knowledge on the array of products we sell. • Proven project management abilities. • Process knowledge of Service, Test, Refurbishment, Parts and/or PRC is an asset.
We believe we have the unique opportunity to help customers enrich their lives and pursue their passions with the help of technology