Senior Transportation Program Manager
- Ingram Micro Inc
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Position at Ingram Micro
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $50 billion in revenue, we have become the world's largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 33,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
Reporting to the Director, Transportation Services, the Sr Manager, Inbound Transportation and Logistics will have advanced knowledge/skills in transportation operations, truckload, intermodal, LTL and small parcel delivery operations. This position requires experience in shipment optimization, working capital reduction strategies, network design and implementation. This position will be responsible for operational execution of the company's Transportation Management System (TMS) and related systems. The Sr Manager will support and collaborate with all areas of Transportation, Information Systems, Freight Finance, Accounts Payable, demand planning, vendor relations and Strategic Sourcing. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in a manner consistent with corporate policies, and state and federal laws & regulations.
- Partner with Strategic Sourcing to qualify, negotiate pricing and select carriers to support Ingram's final mile delivery strategy to include same day and next day home delivery programs.
- Engage with Freight Finance, IT and Customer Service to lead strategies for analysis and Cost.
- Manage daily operational aspects of the network that has a transportation spend that exceeds $30MM in spend.
- Support conversion of carrier buying terms from prepaid to collect and collect to prepaid.
- Partners with the Transportation Systems team to develop best in class carrier connectivity tools and protocols to facilitate end-to-end visibility and enhance customer delivery experience.
- Lead the implementation of new carrier services and features including track and trace, proactive outreach on distressed shipments, and pre-alert messaging regarding potential shipment issues.
- Directly interfaces across multiple lines of business and carriers, leads the analysis of opportunities and delivering recommendations and decisions in cost and services.
- Develops and analyzes key metrics to measure delivery performance of Ingram's carrier networks.
- Works directly with the TMS Team on strategy for configuring and optimizing shipments with a focus on support of total cost, service, and capacity strategies.
- Implement performance improvement projects for carrier pickup and manifesting by collaborating with engineering, warehouse operations, and IS teams to enhance customer experience.
- Work closely with external partners such as our Carriers and 3rd Party EDI/XML/Web Service providers to send automated transactions that support carrier and customer connectivity processes.
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Transportation, Logistics, Finance, Accounting, Business, or similar discipline. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of transportation operational experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with multisite distribution, fulfillment and transportation activities.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a leadership role managing carriers, with a strong preference for truckload and LTL modes of transportation.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Process-oriented with strong analytical and communication skills
- Extremely comfortable implementing new technology
- Ability to think strategically and tactically within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Ability to interact and influence both internal business partners in a collaborative manner.
- Strategic thinking, negotiation, and teamwork skills.
- Curiosity and interest in analyzing and improving cradle to grave workflows.
- Problem solving, innovative thinking, planning, and analytical skills.
- Quick learning, and ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work effectively and patiently with people when dealing with complicated issues.
* Position will have approximately 20% travel.
* This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It's a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all of these duties.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.
More search results
Indigenous Rights Campaign Advisor
Amnesty International Canada
Reservations supervisor - Travel Agency
Payless Holidays & Tours Inc O/A Travel World
Labour Relations Specialist
Assistant Deputy Minister & Chief Information Off…
Ministry of Attorney General & Ministry of Public Safety & Solicitor General
Queen’s National Scholar in International Economi…
Queen's University, Faculty of Law