Government Financial Analyst (Early in Career)
- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
The Junior Government Financial Analyst will support many aspects of the accounting and reporting of Government contracts and related costing activities. Interaction with DCAA and other government agencies to support audit and other requests. Support compliance with all Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR). Assist in the analysis of Indirect Rate and Labor Category rate methodologies. Support compliance through analysis of indirect rates with regards to billing and pricing. Assist in the quarterly analysis of provisional indirect rates to actual quarterly indirect rates.
- Will provide support for monthly contract revenue accounting, COGS analysis and invoicing. Will gain technical and financial expertise in government contracting and develop ability to interpret and apply FAR and CAS clauses. Support senior staff with reporting and analysis for interdepartmental efforts with engineering, contacts, legal, etc. Will learn SAP Reports and develop working knowledge of SAP Projects module
- Support the annual development of Provisional Indirect Billing Rates and Average Labor Categories
- Support in the data collection system for tracking costs to support government contracts and participate in the analysis of systems and standards that are best practices in government accounting
- Support quarterly review of actual cost pools and bases. Assuring compliance, appropriate cost collection and analysis of variances between actual cost and provisional estimates
- Key individual in supporting all DCAA audits including quarterly voucher audits, annual indirect cost submission audits and audits associated with bids, rate review, and contract close outs
- Analysis of contracts and support of formal closing process and ability to manage a process from start to finish
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong understanding of GAAP
- Basic knowledge of government contracts, FAR and CAS a plus, but not required
- 0-2+ years of experience in finance and accounting
- MS Office Suite with intermediate MS Excel skills (strong experience with various formulas, v-lookup, pivot tables, chart development, and macros a plus)
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with ERP or MRP System; SAP strongly desired
- US Citizenship required
- Ability to travel 10%
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.
More search results
Indigenous Rights Campaign Advisor
Amnesty International Canada
Reservations supervisor - Travel Agency
Payless Holidays & Tours Inc O/A Travel World
Labour Relations Specialist
Assistant Deputy Minister & Chief Information Off…
Ministry of Attorney General & Ministry of Public Safety & Solicitor General
Queen’s National Scholar in International Economi…
Queen's University, Faculty of Law