Director, Global Export Compliance - Americas
- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
The Director, Global Export Compliance for Americas is responsible for ensuring the adoption of trade compliance tools, and systems which demonstrate compliance with the applicable Global Trade Compliance (GTC) laws and regulations within his or her region. The successful candidate will be proficient with the requirements of the EAR, ITAR, Foreign Trade, and OFAC. Demonstrated capability with adapting Global Trade Compliance laws and regulations into business procedure and processes is required. The Director will play a key management role in the strategic planning processes as well as the management of the program to drive the implementation of Global Trade Compliance policies, procedures, key performance metrics, and tools into all functional areas within FLIR’s businesses throughout the Americas region. Daily guidance, management, and mentorship of business compliance personnel will be required to align all identified risks with strategic corrective actions that will push the program forward into meeting its goal of delivering a global trade compliance program that is a strategic advantage over industry competitors.
Key Responsibilities :
- Must demonstrate capability to be responsible for the understanding and monitoring of country regulations (import and export) in the Americas region.
- Provides guidance to all businesses in the region as to the practical requirements for achieving compliance within an applicable region’s regulatory requirements.
- Experience with managing audits, comprehensive investigations, and the requirements of disclosures, root cause and corrective action development processes, continuous improvement and program management across multiple business units is highly desired.
- Must demonstrate experience in communicating changes in regulations across impacted businesses and corporate leadership teams.
- Ensures the functioning of a system for the maintenance and updating of local standard work that adapts to evolving business needs and compliance program requirements.
- Fosters a business-focused culture of compliance: providing advice, guidance, and support for businesses; ensuring solutions compatible to compliance requirements and business leadership are developed while working under the supervision of Corporate GTC leadership.
- Manages business compliance personnel in their support of audit, assessment, and Investigation / Disclosure activities
- Supports solutions for DOD and DSS requirements that impact the exports of technology and hardware.
- Must be able to travel regularly to support sites throughout region of responsibility.
- Must have demonstrated capability and experience with leading, developing, and mentoring teams.
- Must coordinate across the Global Export Compliance regions on trade matters to establish unified best practices and procedures.
- Experience leading process improvement initiatives and/or supporting consent agreement programs is preferred.
Demonstrated self-awareness, positive demeanor, willingness to seek counsel or guidance when needed, strong team skills, excellent leadership skills and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels in the organization (both written and verbal) are key requirements for this position. The right candidate will be capable of leading change by listening, consulting, and making decisions that leverage industry experience to achieve program objectives.
10 to 12+ years operations experience in aerospace, high technology, encryption or related industries is preferred along with a familiarity with electro-optical and infrared technologies and its uses throughout defense, commercial, and industrial business sectors. Strong ability to interact comfortably with all levels of a business organization to drive compliance requirements into functional areas in business operations.
US Government experience (e.g. DOS, DOC, DOD) a plus. Strong ability to interact and work with all levels of an organization to integrate regulatory requirements into different functional areas within business operations (e.g. business development, order fulfillment, supply chain, logistics, etc.). Strong program management, analytical, presentation, writing, and computer skills required.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.
More search results
Indigenous Rights Campaign Advisor
Amnesty International Canada
Reservations supervisor - Travel Agency
Payless Holidays & Tours Inc O/A Travel World
Labour Relations Specialist
Assistant Deputy Minister & Chief Information Off…
Ministry of Attorney General & Ministry of Public Safety & Solicitor General
Queen’s National Scholar in International Economi…
Queen's University, Faculty of Law