- Samuel, Son & Co
- Job Category
- Technical and Skilled Trades
- Job Type
Due to our continued success, we are seeking a Analyst, Datacenter Operations to join our team in Mississauga, ON.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of our team, contact us today.
Here are some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Pension plan with company match
- Opportunity for fast advancement and career growth
- Support Windows server environment
- Support physical and virtual servers on VMware and MS Hyper-V clusters
- Provision, install/configure, operate, and maintain system hardware/software and related physical/virtual infrastructure
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports infrastructure applications or per project or operational needs
- Identify and deliver required hardware service levels according to company policies.
- Liaise with, and provide training and support to, end users and staff on equipment operation and other issues.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user and network hardware, peripheral devices, printing/scanning devices, presentation equipment, and other products.
- Where required, install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot associated end user software and networking software products.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex hardware problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including off-site repair as needed.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding hardware problems.
- Document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- React to time sensitive issues when problems occur (crisis management).
- Responsible for all systems management / monitoring of the desktop/laptop environment throughout the entire lifecycle of the end-user devices.
- Responsible for all software packaging / deployment to the desktop / laptop environment to the entire enterprise.
- Responsible for defining, documenting and maintaining desktop / laptop standards to the entire enterprise.
- Responsible for defining, documenting and maintaining desktop / laptop images to the entire enterprise.
- Responsible for asset management of the desktop / laptop environment for the entire enterprise.
- Responsible for license management, including compliance and renewal activities relating to the desktop / laptop environment for the entire enterprise.
- Responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of for all desktops / laptops for the entire enterprise.
- Responsible for ensuring the integrity of the desktop / laptop environment by ensuring the environment is routinely patched on a monthly basis.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures
- Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure
- Ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values
- Maintain standard documentation and procedures for current operations, cross-training and Disaster/Recovery
Project Management Support
- Provide technical assistance with projects during all project phases of the standard Project Management methodology
- Complete assigned tasks in project server to support internal client services or interdepartmental projects through the deployment of hardware and software.
Knowledge & Experience
Excellent technical knowledge of corporate networking, and other hardware including;
Windows Server Platforms
Windows Desktop Platforms
Microsoft Active Directory
Microsoft DHCP, DNS, Group Policy
Microsoft System Center 2012 (SCCM, SCOM, SCVMM, SCSM, DPM)
Enterprise Mobility Management Solutions
Enterprise Collaboration Solutions
Comprehensive hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
Knowledge of scripting languages and system automation (PowerShell, batch)
Ability to read and understand technical manuals and procedural documentation.
Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
Strong written and oral communication skills.
Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
Understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
Self motivated and directed.
Keen attention to detail.
Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Strong customer-service orientation.
On-call availability one week per month.
Lifting and transporting of heavy to moderately heavy objects.
Evening and weekend work as required.
International travel to various locations as required.
More search results
Indigenous Rights Campaign Advisor
Amnesty International Canada
Reservations supervisor - Travel Agency
Payless Holidays & Tours Inc O/A Travel World
Assistant Deputy Minister & Chief Information Off…
Ministry of Attorney General & Ministry of Public Safety & Solicitor General
Queen’s National Scholar in International Economi…
Queen's University, Faculty of Law
President and Vice-Chancellor
Memorial University of Newfoundland