Infrastructure Support Analyst - Network Administrator
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
INFRASTRUCTURE SUPPORT ANALYST - NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR
Reporting to the Manager, Infrastructure Services, the Infrastructure Support Analyst (Network administrator) provides the administration and support for BC Housing’s hybrid cloud and on-premise Cisco network, including infrastructure as a Service, Cisco voice and data networks, endpoint related infrastructure devices and services, Virtual server management hypervisors (VMware, Hyper-V) and Storage systems.
Additionally, the candidate would benefit from having strong foundational skills in managing MS Windows, Red Hat/Oracle LINUX servers, data backup, Citrix remote access, desktop, laptop, mobile, printing and associated devices and systems. Providing tier-2 help desk support for infrastructure issues and maintains the integrity of the Disaster Recovery site.
The successful candidate must be a keen self-starter who works well with an established team, takes initiative in identifying problems and solutions, ensuring quality through planning and testing/validation.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Minimum of Five years’ experience in advanced level technical infrastructure positions with implementation, administration and configuration of all aspects of corporate technology environment
- Plus, Two or more of the following Professional Certification(s) in good standing:
- Citrix certification (CCA or CCAA)
- Cisco certification (CCNP)
- Microsoft MCSE or equivalent
- VMWare certification (VCP or VCAP. VCP-DT an asset)
- Degree or diploma in Information Technology or Computer Science from a recognized post-secondary institution
Or an equivalent combination education, training and experience acceptable to the employer.