- Job Category
- Manufacturing/Supply Chain/Purchasing
- Job Type
1. General Description of Responsibilities
- By delegation from the Branch Manager, the Inspector has responsibility for providing effective and competent office support to the Branch in a safe, legal, and ethical manner.
2. Specific Responsibilities
- Listed examples are illustrative and representative of the tasks required of this position and are not intended to be complete or exclusive.
- To perform, by specified methodology, visual observation, volume measurement, temperature measurement, and sampling of commodity materials contained or conveyed in lines, barge tanks, ship tanks, rail tanks, shore tanks, and other vessels.
- To attend commodity material movements involving line and tank transfer or displacement, lightering, and loading and unloading.
- To communicate and coordinate with terminal, transport, and Company personnel to promote smooth exercise of duties assigned.
- To monitor the availability of the supplies needed for the above processes, and to make any needs for such supplies known to the Dispatcher or Coordinator.
- To perform routine equipment calibration, verification, and function checks.
- To organize and coordinate jobs so that services are rendered, and reports and samples are submitted, in a timely manner.
- To maintain work areas, records, and equipment in a clean, organized, and functional condition.
- To verify and communicate the results obtained, and to make the entries into the appropriate media, whether print or electronic, required to ensure the validity and traceability of the information.
- To assist in the training of less experienced employees.
- Carrying out all responsibilities in a supportive manner with total adherence to: The Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures, Quality Management System, Compliance and Ethics Policies, Vision, Mission and Strategy, and exercises good judgment, common sense, and diplomacy.
3. Supervision Exercised
- The Inspector normally has no personnel responsibility or authority.
4. Supervision Received
- The Inspector reports to the Branch Manager.
1. Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2-4 years directly related experience
2. Core Competencies
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written format
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to pay attention to detail
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, RRSP plan, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to disability, race, colour, religion, sex or national origin.
More search results
Indigenous Rights Campaign Advisor
Amnesty International Canada
Reservations supervisor - Travel Agency
Payless Holidays & Tours Inc O/A Travel World
Assistant Deputy Minister & Chief Information Off…
Ministry of Attorney General & Ministry of Public Safety & Solicitor General
Queen’s National Scholar in International Economi…
Queen's University, Faculty of Law
President and Vice-Chancellor
Memorial University of Newfoundland