- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Contaminated Sites Specialist to join our Environmental Remediation & Water team on a full-time basis based in Vancouver.
An overview of your role will include:
- Conduct site investigations and remediations to contaminated sites in British Columbia and the Yukon for clients from a wide range of sectors including mining, oil and gas, transportation, ports & harbours and government agencies
- Provide leadership for our field staff
- Manage data and the overall project execution
- Author the technical deliverables for the project
- Work on everything from redeveloping small urban brownfields to helping clients plan, manage, and execute large-scale projects for sites impacted by mining, commercial or heavy industry
- Apply the best available science and remedial engineering practices
You will have a background in:
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in a relevant discipline such as environmental engineering, contaminant hydrogeology, geology, or environmental science; we value a multi-disciplinary approach to our work
- 3-8 years of experience in environmental consulting in British Columbia using the Environmental Management Act and related regulations; candidates with transferrable skills from other jurisdictions, industry or government will also be considered if they can show how those skills translate to the contaminated sites regulatory process in BC
- Aptitude and a good track record for project management with excellent attention to detail and problem solving
- Strong data evaluation, reporting and verbal communication skills
- Eligibility for (or existing) professional registration with EGBC, CAB, BCIA or ACPBC
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.