- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Risk Assessment Specialist to join our Environmental Remediation & Water team on a full-time basis based in Vancouver.
An overview of your role will include:
- Applying a wide range of scientific disciplines to human health and ecological risk assessments, environmental impact assessments, and aquatic effects monitoring projects
- Working on projects ranging in size and complexity and originating from a diverse range of client sectors including mining, oil and gas, contaminated lands, and ports & harbours throughout Western Canada and the North
- Supporting our colleagues in other offices around the world
- Understanding our clients, being efficient in our project planning, and applying the best available science to your work
You will have a background in:
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in a relevant field; we value a multi-disciplinary approach in our risk assessment practice, and many educational backgrounds are relevant
- Demonstrable experience in environmental consulting, industry or government focused on ecological and/or human health risk assessment
- Strong background in data evaluation and statistical analysis
- Aptitude and a good track record for project management with excellent attention to detail and problem solving
- Strong data evaluation, reporting and verbal communication skills
- Eligibility for (or existing) professional registration with EGBC, CAB, BCIA or ACPBC
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.