Senior Account Manager
- FLIR Systems
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
Job Title: Senior Sales Account Manager for DoD Maritime Services
Location: Chelmsford, MA
How you will make a difference:
The Senior Sales Account Manager for DoD Maritime Services is an integral part of FLIR UGS’ Sales Team, responsible for strategic planning, customer relations, and revenue generation from sales opportunities within the US Navy, US Marine Corps, US Coast Guard, and other accounts as assigned. The ideal candidate will possess a strong background in the DoD Maritime Services, a strong understanding of customer needs, the ability to assist in setting company strategy for meeting the needs of these customers, strong interpersonal skills, exceptional project management skills, and demonstrated experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Manage all sales activities related to the US Navy, US Marine Corps, US Coast Guard, and other accounts as assigned, including:
- Communicating closely with key customers to forecast their needs for unmanned systems.
- Communicating closely with the company chain of command and amongst company teams to keep all members up to date on account activities.
- Forecasting sales opportunities for assigned customers and working to bring in those opportunities, turning them into contracted procurements.
- Establishing strategic plans for developing company markets with assigned customers to promote growing sales with these accounts.
- Working closely with designated vendors to bring in related sales.
- Producing quotes for customer opportunities and actively maintaining all quotes and opportunities within the company’s sales database.
- Conducting customer demonstrations and training as required at customer sites or at the company.
- Working closely with the company Program and Product Management teams to address the technical and schedule needs of assigned customers.
- Recommend then execute assigned tradeshow events, media, and other public facing opportunities related to assigned markets.
- Writing reports, producing slideshows, and making professional presentations both within and outside the company.
- Serve as the company’s Subject Matter Expert for assigned customer organizations.
- Actively cooperate with other Sales Team members and company employees to assist in executing missions and planning for future opportunities.
Qualifications & Experience
- 15+ years of experience in any one (or more) of the DoD maritime services.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working closely with DoD customers and building constructive relationships.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Demonstrated experience in building and contributing productively to integrated teams, bringing together diverse disciplines and positions, and working toward an established goal in a cooperative and timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and flex easily to additional missions when required on short notice.
- Aptitude with high-tech products and the ability to demonstrate and present products at tradeshows and customer sites to targeted customers.
- Comfortable managing and communicating at both the big picture and granular detail levels.
- Very strong ability to easily communicate (verbal, visual, written) with others ranging from generals, admirals, and CEOs, to privates, civilians, engineers, media, and others.
- Ability to support activities with other DoD services outside of the maritime branches, as well as domestic and international customers when required.
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic with the flexibility to work individually or with a team.
- Demonstrates strong team commitment.
- Ability to travel up to 50% (Domestic primarily) at peak times
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.