Senior Social Media Specialist
SENIOR SOCIAL MEDIA SPECIALIST
Job ID: 3163
Location: BURNABY, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
SENIOR SOCIAL MEDIA SPECIALIST
The Senior Social Media Specialist works with the Senior Social Media & Digital Advisor to curate and develop content for BC Housing’s various digital and social media channels, and executes social media campaigns and strategies to support BC Housing’s goals and objectives.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Degree or advanced diploma in communications, journalism, public relations or other relevant discipline.
- A minimum of 4 years experience progressively more complex and responsible work experience as social media and digital content producer.
- Experience in working with various design tools, including Adobe Creative Suite.
- Photography and videography experience considered an asset.
- A suitable combination of education and experience acceptable to the employer may be considered.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to write conversational content, promote BC Housing programs, and respond to online concerns in an informed and engaging manner.
- Strong knowledge of various social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Intermediate to advanced Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and graphic design skills for developing graphics, photos, memes, JPEGS, motion graphics, videos and other communications materials as needed by the communications department.
- Passion for digital storytelling; ability to inspire with multi-media success stories.
- Intermediate to advanced ability to shoot and edit video for digital platforms considered an asset.
- Intermediate to advanced photography skills and knowledge of photography standards and copyright laws for use on digital and social platforms.
- Familiarity with community engagement tools for use on mobile, digital and social media platforms.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and other reporting tools such as Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics and Hootsuite analytics.
- Competence in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Knowledge of copyright, privacy, and digital best practices.
- Ability to exercise initiative and resourcefulness
- A high degree of judgement, discretion and decision-making ability.
- Ability to work quickly and manage a number of projects simultaneously.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in an appropriate manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills with openness, collaboration and the ability to work in a group setting.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, the ability to work under tight deadlines and pressures, with scrupulous attention to detail.
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends to cover events which need social media coverage.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.