Job ID: 3159
Location: BURNABY, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
With an annual budget of $1.28 billion (2018/19) and a portfolio of housing services and programs that assist 107,200+ households in 290 communities provincewide, BC Housing relies on a skilled team of systems professionals and leaders to put in place the technology solutions needed to meet business goals. As Executive Coordinator, you’ll make a valuable contribution in this regard through the efficient management of the Office of the CIO.
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, and combining your financial management and administrative strengths, you’ll manage the financial aspects of the Information Management & Technology (IMT) department, including budget, invoice processing, procurement card reconciliation, purchase orders, procurement processes, and financial reporting. Another integral part of your role as Executive Coordinator will involve IMT reporting on project status, performance measurement, workplan updates, and more.
Confident providing senior administrative support in a fast-paced office environment, you’re also well equipped to provide professional executive assistance to the CIO, from confidential issue management to travel logistics, calendar management, and PCard processing. A savvy communicator and relationship builder, you’ll capably oversee the flow of information between the CIO and IT managers, coordinate department communications and correspondence, and act as the administrative liaison with other departments and branches, as well as external contacts.
Success in this role calls for a college diploma in commerce or business administration, or an equivalent education and work background, plus considerable experience in the following areas: financial management, including invoice tracking and payment, procurement, budgeting, period-end processing and analytical reporting; and managing the administrative aspects of the office of a senior executive, preferably for a public sector organization operating within a fast-paced, complex environment. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the Employer will be considered.
As Executive Coordinator, you’ll also leverage the following strengths:
- Considerable knowledge of typical department policies, programs and operating requirements.
- High degree of financial knowledge and experience, including daily financial transactional processes, procurement, budgeting and reporting.
- Good understanding of the management, business and administrative practices of IT projects and day-to-day technical support.
- Ability to assess department requirements, develop new administrative approaches to conducting business and lead the administrative function.
- Ability to manage multiple issues and projects, coordinate work with others, keep senior IT management apprised of major issues and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to foster strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to accomplish objectives.
- Effective conflict resolution, consensus-building and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational, analytical, problem-solving, time management and expediting skills.
- Good knowledge of Information Technology, especially technical terminology.
- Good understanding of IT systems and excellent computer skills, including a high level of technical proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Frontpage, Visio and Project.
Please Note: Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record search and are required to maintain Security Clearance throughout their employment.