Senior Manager, Technology Programs
SENIOR MANAGER, TECHNOLOGY PROGRAMS
Job ID: 3160
Location: BURNABY, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
With an annual budget of $1.28 billion (2018/19) and a portfolio of housing services and programs that assist 107,200+ households in 290 communities provincewide, BC Housing relies on a skilled team of systems professionals and leaders to put in place the technology solutions needed to meet business goals. As Senior Manager of Technology Programs, you’ll make a valuable contribution in this regard through the on-time, on-budget delivery of IT programs and the effective management of stakeholder relationships.
Reporting to, and working under the direction of, the Chief Information Officer (CIO), you’ll manage a variety of IT programs that offer strategic services—both externally to the non-profit housing sector and internally to our Information Management & Technology (IMT) department. External programs within your portfolio will include managing the non-profit technology support program, which includes service offerings and relationship development with our non-profit partners, while internal initiatives will focus on IMT department projects and other strategic objectives.
This is a mandate for a technically skilled and creative IT professional who’s very service-oriented and socially conscious. As such an individual, you will also be committed to keeping current with IM/IT trends and researching new and emerging technologies that could support and enhance success both internally and within the non-profit sector. A collaborative leader and team player, with a high level of business acumen and technical knowledge, you’ll work closely with key BC Housing senior management team members to ensure all external programs meet stakeholder expectations and internal IMT programs meet the development and operational requirements of the department.
You bring a history of success to the role of Senior Manager, Technology Programs, namely, a recognized degree or diploma in Information Technology, and extensive IT experience with a focus on delivering business solutions and managing relationships, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer. The following knowledge and skills will also be evident as you expertly carry out your tasks:
- Considerable knowledge of information technologies and their application with an organization, as well as typical department policies, programs, projects and operating requirements.
- Demonstrated understanding of technology infrastructure, cybersecurity, privacy and business applications.
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of project management methodologies, including Agile and Waterfall approaches.
- In-depth knowledge in the management of a CRM system and various marketing and communications channels.
- Proficiency in operating systems, including Windows and LINUX.
- Ability to develop and deliver training programs.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications.
- Ability to create and update technical design and user manual documentation.
- Ability to develop, and oversee the management of, websites and other related communication channels.
- Ability to generate and articulate new ideas and adapt effectively to new technologies.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in non-profit organizations, on cross-functional teams and with all levels of staff.
- Ability to lead, coach, develop and motivate internal staff and external non-profit stakeholders.
- Ability to deliver projects on time and on budget while maintaining effective client and team relationships.
- Ability to correctly identify technology requirements, analyze business needs and recommend and implement the appropriate technical solutions.
- Strong technology planning and project management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication, presentation, analytical, problem-solving, decision-making, organizational and time management skills.
Please Note: Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record search and are required to maintain Security Clearance throughout their employment.