Senior Manager, Technology Services
SENIOR MANAGER, TECHNOLOGY SERVICES
Job ID: 3161
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
With an annual budget of $1.28 billion (2018/19) and a portfolio of housing services and programs that assist 107,200+ households in 290 communities provincewide, BC Housing relies on a skilled team of systems professionals and leaders to put in place the technology solutions needed to meet business goals. As Senior Manager of Technology Services, you’ll make a valuable contribution in this regard by effectively leading the day-to-day operations of our Information Technology Infrastructure and Platform Services, including database, application, network, server and endpoint technologies.
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer (CIO), and managing overall team operations, you’ll ensure a high level of service delivery to the organization as well as deliver on the goals and objectives of the Information Management & Technology (IMT) department. This collaborative role will see you working closely with the Senior Manager of Technology Planning to develop long-term technology roadmaps and capital plans for consideration, and to inform staff of the IMT Strategic Plan.
The CIO and other IMT Management leaders will turn to you for advice and expertise regarding technical issues, and for your insightful recommendations and creative solutions to improve the effectiveness of systems operations and infrastructure in achieving organizational objectives. As Senior Manager, Technology Services, you’ll also participate as a key contributor and decision-maker, and represent platform, infrastructure and endpoint technologies, in IMT governance committees, project teams and other key research and decision-making initiatives.
With a recognized degree or diploma in Information Technology, and considerable experience in IT specifically managing a technical infrastructure for a complex, medium-sized organization, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer, you have the solid foundation required to succeed in this pivotal role. As Senior Manager, Technology Services, you’ll also put to work the following knowledge and skill set:
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of n-Tier architecture, system management and network administration functions.
- In-depth knowledge of:
- ITIL best practices
- day-to-day operations of Oracle and/or Microsoft technology-based corporate database systems and applications
- unified communication systems utilizing Voice Over IP, Unified Messaging and Call Centre technologies
- both Microsoft and Oracle environments
- a Windows and LINUX infrastructure
- directory-based authentication, including Active Directory
- current local and wide area network technologies and related hardware
- management of on-premise data centres in multiple geographic locations
- management of technology requirements for facilities-based projects.
- Ability to correctly identify technology requirements, analyze business needs, and formulate, recommend and implement the appropriate technical solutions at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to develop, lead and guide a team of technical managers and analysts.
- Ability to generate and articulate new ideas and adapt effectively to new technologies.
- Ability to excel in working under pressure to meet deadlines and changing priorities.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in dealing with matters of a confidential nature.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, decision-making, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong project management, leadership, negotiation, facilitation, influence management, interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills.
Please Note: Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record search and are required to maintain Security Clearance throughout their employment.