North American Mining HSSE Specialist
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for an HSSE Specialist to join our Health, Safety, Security, and Environmental (HSSE) team on a full-time basis based in Tuscon, AZ. Reporting to the North American Mining HSSE Leader, you will have the opportunity to use your mining knowledge and expertise to develop and implement Mining HSSE training and field support initiatives.
An overview of your role will include:
- Responsibility for demonstrating full competency in MSHA Part 48 training compliance, conducting training sessions, providing support in validating employee HSSE understanding in task specific competency training covering specific areas, on-the-job HSSE training/evaluation with field personnel, along with other Golder sponsored training activities
- Evaluating and reporting on training effectiveness based on progress measures
- Selecting and/or developing testing or evaluation procedures to be used prior to and following completion of training; may be responsible for revising design of training curriculum and method to improve effectiveness
- Selecting and/or developing teaching aides such as training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials, and reference materials; may be required to provide performance and talent feedback for appropriate supervisors of project managers
- Ensuring all training documents are completed to meet regulatory agency standards; involvement with any remediation that may be required associated with citations and/or recommendations from MSHA
- Participating in the development of new Mining HSSE strategies, systems, and programs as a member of the North American Mining HSSE Team
- Responsibility for the HSSE field support of Golder US mining projects, ensuring compliance of all Golder and regulatory safety compliance requirements
- Providing guidance/support in conducting field audits, investigations and inspections
- Performing other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Willingness to travel in-state and out-of-state
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety or related field preferred
- Two (2) years of US mining HSSE experience required
- Five (5) years of US mining experience preferred
- MSHA Qualified Instructor for Surface and Underground
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Proven safety record
- Strong safety and leadership skills
- Good communication, computer, and organization skills
- Ability to promote safety in training and lead by example
- Demonstrated ability to perform essential functions of the position
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Golder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Golder is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.