Water/Wastewater Facilities Inspector
- Job Category
- Job Type
GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10,000 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
Our Water Group is looking for a full-time Intermediate Inspector with experience in pumping stations and treatment facilities, initially for work in the area of York Region, Simcoe County, and the Northern GTA. The successful candidate would act as a Construction Inspector to co-ordinate, inspect, and provide construction administration.
Your Role and Responsibilities will include:
- Working safely and in conformance with GHD’s Behaviour-Based Safety culture
- Completing day-to-day inspections and checklists for water or wastewater pumping, treatment, and conveyance projects in accordance with client terms of reference and manuals
- Monitoring Contractor work for compliance with contract specifications
- Maintaining project records including diary entries and collecting as-built information
- Recording and monitoring contractor progress against the project schedule
- Making payment recommendations to Contract Administrator
Monitoring contractor work for compliance with applicable safety and environmental legislation
Taking action, in consultation with Contract Administrator and in accordance with contract requirements, when non-conformances are observed
Identifying and making recommendations to proactively resolve emerging project issues
Coordinating contractor’s work activities with the client, approval authorities, and utility providers
- Coordinating material testing and supporting commissioning activities
- Coordinating and expediting contractor documentation including shop drawings, work plans, and test reports
- Interfacing with residents and local property owners to record and resolve field-level issues
- Completing required training including Confined Space Entry and Working at Heights;
- Work outdoors in all weather conditions
- When agreed, working nights, weekends, and overtime hours as necessary
- Mentoring junior staff
- Other duties as assigned
Skills, Competencies & Qualifications:
- Minimum 5-8 years' experience, in pumping and treatment facilities, and associated works
- CET designation, or PEO EIT or P.Eng. designation, or equivalent training and experience
- Proven experience working with 16-division specifications and multi-discipline construction contract documents
- Valid Class ‘G’ driver’s license
- Team player with strong written and oral communication skills
- Sound judgment and ability to work independently and take initiative
- Experience in design of pumping station and treatment facility, and/or sewer/water main work is an asset
- AutoCAD and Primavera experience is an asset
- Previous training and experience in confined space entry and/or Working at Heights training is an asset
- Certification as a Certified Inspector of Sediment & Erosion Control (CISEC) is an asset
We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work/life balance contributes to the success and happiness of our people. We also offer competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.