MANAGER, PLATFORM SERVICES
Job ID: 3162
Location: BURNABY, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
Manager, Platform Services
With an annual budget of $1.28 billion (2018/19) and a portfolio of housing services and programs that assist 107,200+ households in 290 communities provincewide, BC Housing relies on a skilled team of systems professionals and leaders to put in place the technology solutions needed to meet business goals. As Manager of Platform Services, you’ll make a valuable contribution in this regard through the day-to-day management of technical operations, provisioning and implementation of mission-critical corporate applications.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Technology Services and overseeing a team of Application System Administrators and Database Managers, you’ll be responsible for the day-to-day technical operations and ongoing implementation support of the organization’s corporate application technology. Leveraging your considerable experience and expertise, you’ll also manage the day-to-day provisioning and support of applications, middleware and database services throughout the systems lifecycle including planning and design, DevOps and production operations.
As Manager, Platform Services, you’ll bring to the table a recognized degree or diploma (plus related working experience) in Information Technology, and considerable experience managing mission-critical applications in production and DevOps both on-premises and on the Cloud.
These credentials are complemented by sound experience with enterprise-based technology, producing extensive system documentation, gathering user requirements, and managing systems projects, as well as the following:
- Considerable experience with the operations of mission-critical enterprise applications, middleware and databases in an enterprise environment, including:
- Systems Monitoring
- Backup and Recovery
- Performance Monitoring and Tuning
- Fault Tolerance and High Availability
- Disaster Recovery
- Patching and Maintenance.
- Extensive knowledge of middleware and integration technology, including Service-Oriented Architecture.
- Extensive knowledge of databases (architecture, data structures, structured query language).
- Sound experience leading or managing within enterprise technologies, including:
- Oracle Applications (JD Edwards, PeopleSoft, Siebel, WebCenter)
- Oracle Fusion Middleware (WebLogic, SOA Suite, Identity & Access Management)
- Databases (Oracle, SQL Server)
- Microsoft Applications (SharePoint, Office 365)
- Web (Apache, IIS)
- Development Platforms (Java, .NET)
- Operating Platforms (Windows, Linux, VMware)
- Networking concepts (Load Balancing, Firewall, Encryption).
- Working knowledge of Cloud technology (e.g., Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, etc.) considered an asset.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer will also be considered.
Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to apply the following skills and abilities:
- Advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project and Visio.
- Demonstrated written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional groups to achieve common goals.
- Ability to create and update technical and user manual documentation.
- Ability to generate and articulate new ideas and adapt effectively to new technologies.
- Ability to assess and enact process-oriented changes to improve IT operation effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex IT problems.
- Ability to plan, facilitate and coordinate the execution of complex sets of activities.
- Ability to lead, coach and motivate staff in a team environment.
Please Note: Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record search and are required to maintain Security Clearance throughout their employment