SUPPORTIVE HOUSING PROGRAMS ANALYST
Job ID: 3172
Location: BURNABY, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
SUPPORTIVE HOUSING PROGRAMS ANALYST
The Supportive Housing Programs Analyst supports the Director Supportive Housing & Programs, the Executive Director, the Supportive Housing Programs Manager and the Women’s Transition Housing & Supports Manager in the effective development, implementation and monitoring of various supportive housing programs including the Homeless Prevention Program, Homeless Outreach Program, Aboriginal Homeless Outreach Program, Emergency Shelter Program, Extreme Weather Response Program, Supportive Housing Programs, Independent Living BC, Seniors Supportive Housing and the Women’s Transition Housing and Supports Program.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor degree in Arts, Public Administration, Business, Social Work, Urban Planning or other related discipline.
- Minimum six years well-rounded experience in project management and program analysis.
- Or a combination of equivalent, education, experience and training acceptable to the employer may be considered.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles, practices and standards relating to social housing program development, implementation and evaluation
- Sound knowledge and understanding of BC Housing’s mandate, programs and policies in delivering social housing to the vulnerable throughout the province
- General knowledge of government and community social service agencies and the services they provide
- Good knowledge and understanding of budgeting and budget analysis
- Ability to assess program objectives and develop procedures, systems and tools to support effective program implementation
- Ability to plan and meet deadlines by effectively prioritizing actions to respond to numerous, diverse and shifting challenges without compromising the quality of work; ability to meet tight deadlines and adjust quickly to changing and sometimes conflicting priorities and timelines
- Ability to exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgment when dealing with a broad range of non-profit providers, partners and customers, including individuals of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to manage diverse and often competing stakeholder objectives in a sensitive and timely manner, and utilize good judgment in dealing with politically sensitive situations
- Advanced analytical, organizational and problem solving skills, with ability to reason through complex issues and present information clearly and concisely in writing
- Good research, writing, presentation, project planning and coordination skills with ability to coordinate projects involving extensive consultation with staff and external groups, meet deadlines and identify key milestones or measures of success
- Effective consultative, consensus building and conflict resolution skills and ability to build cooperative and effective relationships with internal staff and external stakeholders
- Good understanding of computer systems, excellent computer skills, and skill in utilizing the internet for research purposes.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.