HOUSING & HEALTH SERVICES TEAM ASSISTANT
Job ID: 3178
Location: VANCOUVER, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
HOUSING & HEALTH SERVICES TEAM ASSISTANT:
Provides direct customer service to Housing Registry applicants, outside agencies and tenants applying or receiving programs delivered by the Housing and Health Services department. In a team setting, incumbents monitor vacancies in the Region, create and maintain short lists, produce reports, reconcile budgets, participate on project task teams, maintain and update intranet site and perform other program and general administrative responsibilities.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- High school graduation plus completion of a number of post-secondary courses in a relevant field such as business or program administration
- Minimum of 3 years progressive, directly related experience in a comparable and highly computerized environment, including sound experience in program and contract administration
Or a suitable combination of education and experience acceptable to the employer
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- In-depth knowledge of the rules, practices and processes of program, project and office administration
- Proficiency in database administration and Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to manoeuvre between applications with ease.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, with a solid command of English grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Strong mathematical aptitude and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multi task and work both as a contributing member of a team and independently in a fast paced deadline oriented environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills, with good conflict resolution skills, and the ability to exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgement when dealing with a broad range of housing providers, partners and customers, including individuals of diverse education, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
- Strong analytical, research and problem-solving skills and ability to find and implement creative and practical solutions to problems
- Ability to work under direction of several people, plan, organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines, while responding to numerous diverse and shifting challenges without compromising the quality of the work
- Ability to coordinate longer-term assignments and projects involving extensive consultation with staff and external groups;
- Ability to type a minimum of 50 wpm.
- Ability to adapt to change, and work under pressure in a demanding and volatile atmosphere.
- General understanding of affordable housing programs and housing clientele
- General knowledge of government and community agencies and the services they provide
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.