PROGRAM ASSISTANT - GROUP HOMES
Job ID: 3181
SHORT TERM (UNTIL DEC 2020) FULL-TIME
Location: BURNABY, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
PROGRAM ASSISTANT - GROUP HOMES
The Program Assistant - Group Homes performs administrative and financial support functions for the Provincial Rental Housing Corporation (PHRC) Group Home portfolio, as well as agreement administration (PRHC Group Homes, PRAP Senior Program and Section 82(1)(b) projects); year-end reconciliation (PRHC); mortgage administration (PRHC Group Home and non-profit projects); and annual market rent reviews (PRAP Senior Program). Responds to inquiries, and corresponds and works collaboratively with Operations staff, staff in other BCH branches, sponsoring ministries, operators, non-profit societies, vendors and other stakeholders.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- High school graduation plus substantial completion of a college diploma and minimum 4 years directly related work experience.
Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles, practices and techniques of program and financial administration
- Some knowledge of a variety of accounting systems
- General knowledge of accounting practices, budget preparation and reconciliation
- Knowledge of BC Housing funding programs
- Some knowledge of social housing/social policy
- Knowledge and proficiency in relevant databases, spreadsheet and word processing software
- Analytical, mathematical, research, investigative and problem solving abilities and ability to exercise good judgment in making decisions
- Well developed planning, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work under tight deadlines with changing priorities
- Effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders, adjust communication style as required to probe and assess issues, provide leadership and training to those involved with the financial review/subsidy and budget process, and provide information and advice to those with non-financial backgrounds
- Advanced knowledge and skill level in Access, Excel, Word, Outlook and a variety of software applications and information systems
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, with solid command of English language.
- Ability to work independently, and to contribute and co-operate in a team environment.
- Keyboarding skill at 40 wpm.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.