Job ID: 3185
Location: 3185, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
The Supply Chain Management department is responsible for providing subject matter expertise on procurement and contract management with respect to the supply of goods and services for all BC Housing Branches and Regional Offices located throughout the Province of British Columbia.
The Procurement Specialist uses public procurement guidelines and BC Housing policies, process and templates to conduct procurements, assist in managing suppliers and provide recommendations to internal clients (the "client") engaged in supply chain activities. The Procurement Specialist works independently and proactively to support her/his clients’ procurements and resulting supply contracts which may include but are not limited to: managing solicitations, working collaboratively with the client on solicitations, providing oversight and guidance to the procurement process, vendor management, and providing recommendations for procurements and vendor management. The Procurement Specialist’s main areas of responsibility are: conducting and/or supporting public and selective competitive bids, developing and implementing strategic procurement strategies for construction/renovations/equipment/services, providing and/or supporting vendor management and developing strong relationships with suppliers and key agencies.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor degree, or advanced diploma, in a relevant discipline from a college, technical institute or university, or an equivalent mixture of experience and eduction.
- Supply chain education from a recognized institution such as:
- Purchasing Management Association of Canada - Certified Professional Purchaser program, Strategic Supply Chain Management Leadership Program, Institute of Supply Management - Certified Professional in Supply Management, Public Sector Procurement Program– PSPP or a combination of educational courses specifically focused on Supply Chain knowledge and requirements.
- A minimum of four years experience with progressive responsibility in purchasing and/or contract management with a preference for experience in public sector procurement and tendering.
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience acceptable to the employer may be considered.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of purchasing in a variety of supplies and services.
- Knowledge of construction, building maintenance and repair, including parts and supplies.
- Knowledge of construction purchasing and their contracts.
- Knowledge of Canadian construction, tendering and contract law(s) and practices.
- Knowledge of Public Procurement requirements and legislation.
- Strong decision making and analytical skills.
- Ability to negotiate prices, terms and conditions of contracts.
- Ability to resolve contractual and supplier performanceproblems.
- Ability to plan and organize purchasing activities.
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Ability to write reports, specifications, Bid Calls, Request for Proposals, etc.
- Advanced computer skills and knowledge, including, but not limited to: Microsoft Office – Professional.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.