Job ID: 3182
Location: BURNABY, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
The Web Editor supports the development, implementation and optimization of website design and content strategies, draft and manage content for the website, supports various web production projects, and coordinates the maintenance of BC Housing’s websites.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Degree or advanced diploma in web design development, digital communications, or other relevant discipline.
- A minimum 2 years progressive experience in website management, including experience in developing digital strategies, maintaining large complex websites, and creating content for online audiences.
- Experience in working with Content Management Systems, UX optimization, usability assessments and service delivery websites.
- Experience working within a large public sector organization is an asset.
Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer may be considered.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Working knowledge and understanding of current web editing tools and software
- Working knowledge of content strategy and best practices in UX, including IA Development
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Working knowledge of Content Management Systems and website analytics programs
- Sound knowledge of copyright, privacy, and website best practises
- Some knowledge of strategic communications planning, content development and strategy
- Working knowledge and understanding of best practices in web governance, digital standards, and Search Engine Optimization
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Proficient in the use of Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with the ability to interact with and understand technical subjects and emerging technologies
- Strong interpersonal skills with openness, collaboration and the ability to work in a group setting.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, detail oriented and the ability to work under tight deadlines and pressures, with scrupulous attention to details
- Ability to assist the development of creative digital strategies to support business objectives of the organization
- Ability to create multi-media packages within an online content-management system.
- Strong creative, writing and editing abilities, including ability to communicate with various online audiences using best practices and plain language
- A high degree of judgement, discretion and decision-making ability
- Ability to analyze, problem-solve and mediate complex situations
- Strong ability to build relationships and educate various stakeholders on web standards, best practices, and governance
- Ability to work with developers, content specialists, UX designers, QA, and other cross functional groups to implement web features
- Ability to work quickly and manage a number of projects simultaneously
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in an appropriate manner
- Ability to adapt to changes in the online publishing environment
- Ability to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted