- Job Category
- Admin/Clerical/Customer Service
- Job Type
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Under minimal supervision, to provide effective and competent document and office support to the Branch in a safe, legal, and ethical manner, thus helping to ensure that the Branch’s services to clients are expedited and are always of the highest quality.
To provide the following services to the Branch as needed:
o Word Processing
o Light packing and shipping
· To maintain the inventory of office supplies.
· To maintain appointment calendars for department personnel and to arrange travel plans.
· To expedite within the Branch, the preparation, maintenance, distribution, and control of documentation.
· To coordinate preparation and distribution of reports.
· To maintain assigned area, files, supplies, and equipment in a clean and orderly manner.
· To assure that confidential departmental information and files are maintained in a proper and secure fashion.
· To be a positive representative of the Branch and the Company to the public through the practice and enforcement of proper office decorum.
· To carry out the above responsibilities, and all others which may be assigned, in a manner demonstrating support for and adherence to the Company’s Safety Policy and Procedures, Quality Policy and Procedures, Ethics Policy, Environmental Management System, Vision and Strategy, and to exercise good judgment, common sense, and diplomacy in so doing.
- The Administrative Assistant normally has no personnel responsibility or authority.
- The Administrative Assistant reports to the Branch Manager.
- The Administrative Assistant should have a high level knowledge of office equipment and software such as computer, database, spreadsheet, facsimile, photocopier, telephone, and must know and demonstrate use of proper spelling and grammar, and filing and typing techniques.
- The Administrative Assistant should have a positive attitude, a high tolerance for job pressure, and a special ability for working and communicating with persons of diverse personalities and backgrounds.
- The Administrative Assistant frequently will be the first Company representative seen by a visitor to the Branch. Therefore, good grooming, etiquette, and the ability to make a favorable public impression are essential. These qualities will be judged by the hiring authority.
- Strong computer knowledge.
- Strong Organizational and communication skills.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, RRSP plan, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to disability, race, colour, religion, sex or national origin.
This position outline is a general guideline and does not represent all encompassing details. The position assumes that the incumbent has both the mental and physical requirements to carry out the above defined duties.