- Waterloo, ON,ON
- Job Category
- Job Type
GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10,000 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
Due to continuing growth, we are seeking an Instrumentation & Controls Lead located in our Waterloo, ON office. You will lead and continue to build this group while managing existing clients and bring in additional clients. The manager structures the team processes and matures our methodologies while influencing and building consensus with multiple partners to create collaborative, innovative, and high-performing strategies. The position will entail solving problems (technical, fiscal, project, managerial), performing analyses needed to generate solutions, and interacting with all levels of personnel both internal and external to the Group and Company. This Lead role is an opportunity to leverage your local client knowledge and be involved in exciting projects that will offer an opportunity to provide technical solutions as the subject matter expert.
- Provide leadership and oversight of design staff engaged on projects along with the ability to nurture and develop technical support staff
- Primary role is to fulfill the instrument and control systems engineering needs for a wide variety of industrial and municipal clients
- Provide design and engineering for projects and proposals to assure that design and equipment meets customer specifications and industry codes and standards
- Participate in a multi-disciplinary environment in determining the instrumentation, controls and process automation requirements
- Develop detailed engineering packages to represent installation requirements for process control systems and instrumentation
- Handle specification creation and modification, as well as oversee detailed design
- Work collaboratively with other teams to accomplish objectives
- Verify accuracy and completeness of all deliverable products and services in assigned areas of responsibility
- Travels to fabrication sites, installation sites, and customer facilities as needed to support project requirements
- Position requires flexibility with personal schedule to meet deadlines and support occasional business travel
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering
- P. Eng. designation with PEO; additional Provinces would be an asset
- Background performing related design and engineering consulting services for a wide variety of industrial and municipal clients
- 15+ years of industrial and municipal engineering and design experience
- 10+ years of supervisory experience of staff, budgets and business performance
- Strong working knowledge of P&ID’s, instrumentation and control systems design (PLC/PAC/RTU/DCS/HMI/SCADA), networking, process automation, etc.
- Applicant’s background should include familiarity with relevant codes and standards
- Demonstrated proficiency in problem solving and troubleshooting
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Sense of urgency and good organizational skills are required to work with multiple projects and conflicting priorities
- Familiarity with instrumentation used to measure and control flow, temperature, pressure, level and analytical properties
- Positive attitude, good interpersonal skills, and validated time management and organizational skills
- Self-starter, flexible, team leader, willing & able to work on a multitude of tasks in a multi discipline setting
- Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate with leaders, team and internal partners at all levels
- Experience in proposal preparation, budget control, performance analysis and contract management
- Strong understanding of contractual agreements, accurate record keeping and documentation
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office software
- Demonstrated success in meeting or exceeding the expectations of customers and partners and in meeting organizational mission commitments and deliverables
- Demonstrated ability in effective communication with subordinates, peers, and superiors
We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work / life balance is critical to the success and happiness of our people. We also offer competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.