Business Support Analyst
BUSINESS SUPPORT ANALYST
Job ID: 3189
Location: 3189, BC
To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
- Join one of BC’s Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Our mission is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they’ve helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they’re here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees’ current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status **
BUSINESS SUPPORT ANALYST
The Business Support Analyst is responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of business models, systems, tools and risk management processes to support the operations of the Branch. The position participates in aspects of the strategic business practices and improvement projects, recommends improvements to service delivery and operational effectiveness, generates reports, identifies training needs and delivers training sessions and provides user support to Branch staff. The position also performs quality control evaluations, data integrity/audit compliance reviews and implements plans for process improvement.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced diploma in a related field (e.g. commerce, economics, computing science)
- Minimum 4 years progressively more complex and responsible work experience, with emphasis in business analysis, business process development and operational effectiveness.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer may be considered.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Sound knowledge of the philosophies, principles and practices of business planning, project management and risk management
- Sound knowledge of the principles and practices associated with the planning, development and construction of multi-unit residential housing
- Sound knowledge and understanding of BC Housing’s mandate, programs and operating requirements
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Word and internal systems relevant to the Branch
- Strong research, analytical, conceptual thinking, and problem solving skills
- Effective communication, report writing, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to assess Branch requirements and develop and manage models, systems and tools to support the business activities of the Branch
- Ability to participate in small to medium sized projects or portions of larger projects
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.