Assembler 2nd/3rd Shifts
- Altec Industries, Inc.
- St Joseph,MO
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Why Join Altec?
There are opportunities for Assemblers on 2 nd and/or 3 rd shifts at Altec in St. Joseph, Missouri - voted #1 employer!
Assemblers are responsible for assembling Pedestals, Turntables, and Boom components - combined with other related assembly components - to produce world-class Altec Equipment.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Ability to work 2nd and/or 3rd shift
- Mechanical assembly experience required
- Ability to read and understand technical documents - i.e. Engineering documents, schematics
- Vocational technical school certificate in a manufacturing field
- Hydraulic & Electrical (Automotive wiring) Skills
- Experience in the utility industry
- To provide quality and timely workmanship on each job performed.
- Reads blueprints and hydraulic diagrams.
- Reads and understands tape measure.
- Performs re-work as required.
- Follows all established safety & quality policies and practices.
- Learn and follow all work instructions and JQR's.
- Prepare and fit multiple components together.
- Learn and operate all equipment within the department.
- Support APS initiatives - Lean Manufacturing
- Willing to move to other areas of production as needed.
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
- Retirement 401(k) Program
- Vacation and Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
- Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Building on 90 years of growth and success, Altec specializes in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, telecom, and specialty equipment. We are the leading equipment and service provider for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, lights and signs, and contractor markets, supporting customers in over 100 countries throughout the world.
Join the thousands who have made Altec their career decision!
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.
More search results
President and Chief Executive Officer
Principal, Brampton Campus
Executive Director, Academic
Red River College
Assistant Deputy Minster, Indigenous Relations an…
Ministry of Indigenous Affairs
Dean, Faculty of Indigenous Studies, Social Scien…
University of Northern British Columbia