- Altec Industries, Inc.
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Why Join Altec?
Altec is present in more than 100 countries throughout the world supporting the electric utility, telecommunications, contractor, lights and signs, and tree care markets. We are known for lifting products -- bucket trucks, cranes, and equipment used to help people access tough-to-reach places -- but the success starts with thousands of associates who come together to Reach Higher!
Be a part of a team whose goal is to provide administrative and invoicing support for a Service Center. Administer and support the material control, inventory, and purchasing process with regard to parts.
Please send resume to email@example.com
And apply now at jobs.altec.com
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
Basic Qualifications, Experience, and Skills Required
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Associates Degree is preferred
- In lieu of Degree, three years' experience in an industry-specific field will be considered (i.e., Administrative, Customer Service with manufactured products or product services; Material Support or inventory control for manufactured products; or Service Writing in a dealership)
- Current valid Driver's License
- Customer service skills
- PC skills using spreadsheets, word processing and other office management applications required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
Responsibilities Representative of the Position Scope
- Assist in maintaining on-site inventory; perform annual inventory and periodic cycle counts
- Research parts through the use of manuals, engineering files, and Bills of Material
- Purchase parts for shop service; oversee back-ordered parts
- Provide daily communication regarding parts ordered and delivered
- Assist in maintaining shop tools inventory
- Receive and ship freight
- Coordinate transportation requirements
- Maintain stockroom
- Assist in the development of customer relationships as first contact with answering phones and as receptionist
- Assist in creating, updating, and modifying service estimates
- Asist in creating purchase orders and ensuring payment approvals
- Invoice and update invoices
- Provide status updates of work proactively and / or through answering customer calls and e-mail
Office and Administrative Work
- Assist in directing visitors
- Administer all paperwork and processes that are critical to keeping a Service Center organized and efficient; specific examples include creating and updating Service Requests, coding invoices for approval, and scanning / filing for all recordkeeping
- Coordinate and process warranty returns
- Assist with implementation and support of Continuous Improvement activities
- Assist in Safety-related projects and activities
Competitive pay which rewards performance
Comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program - Retirement 401(k) Program - Vacation and Holidays - Flexible Spending Accounts - Tuition Assistance Program - Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program - Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.