- Best Buy Canada
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Retail Analytics Specialist
Are you passionate about analytics and retail? Are you always looking to understand the "why" behind a specific trend or data anomaly? If yes, we're looking for someone like you to join our rapidly growing eCommerce team as a Retail Analytics Specialist .
At Best Buy Canada, we believe empowered people and teams make smarter, faster, and more creative decisions. Our eCommerce department is a truly Agile environment, where the distance between any one person and senior leadership is microscopic. Here, you'll work on something big, small, or super cool and before you can blink 100,000 people will see it. You'll create fast, learn fast, and develop fast. Oh, and sometimes you'll fail fast too. That's ok. (Honestly.) It's all part of the process.
As a Retail Analytics Specialist you'll be a super-user, champion, and advocate for leveraging data tools to optimize sales and profit. You'll dive deep into exciting analytics projects and deliver data-driven insights to help other team members make real-time decisions around website merchandising, technology initiatives, and category business management. All in all, your work will help our business teams augment their intuition with powerful data, to make better and faster decisions, and build a world-class experience for our customers.
What you'll be doing:
- • Analyze transactional and online customer behavior data to identify sales and profit opportunities • Partner with data product teams to develop, implement, and maintain interactive reporting solutions for monitoring and analyzing business performance, using both enterprise BI software (Qlik, Power BI) • Conduct deep dive analytics projects, integrating various data sets and utilizing advanced analytics concepts • Maintain an in-depth knowledge of business performance, key drivers, opportunities, and successes by leading business reviews, especially during key events like Black Friday/Boxing Day • Evangelize existing tools and data sets to empower the business teams to answer their own questions and develop a culture of self-serve analytics and data-driven decision making
What you'll need to succeed:
- • 2+ years of experience in reporting and developing dashboards and tools using an Enterprise Business Intelligence tool (i.e. Qlikview, Tableau, Power BI) • Intermediate to Advanced proficiency with SQL • Experience using Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics
- • Advanced business understanding of the retail or eCommerce space
- • 1+ year(s) experience working in an Agile environment; familiarity with JIRA, Confluence
What's waiting for you at the head office...
Our goal is work-life harmony for every employee. Don't feel like driving to work each day? Hop on our free shuttle service that runs between our head office and the SkyTrain at Metrotown. Can't find the time to work out as much as you'd like? Hit the treadmill, stationary bike, or weight room in our 24-hour on-site gym staffed by professional trainers. No time to pack a lunch or make breakfast? Our fully catered (and partially subsidized!) cafeteria serves everything from eggs benny and French toast, to fresh-made sandwiches, stir fry, pasta, entrées, and more!
We also believe an amazing work-life harmony includes continual learning and growth... on company time. That's why everyone in our eCommerce and IT departments has their own professional career coach, career development plan, and access to a series of in-house development seminars.
There's more, too:
- • Competitive benefits, including a variety of options for extended health, dental, and life insurance • Registered Pension Plan where the company matches your contributions, dollar for dollar • Employee stock purchase plan, with the company matching up to 5% of your eligible contributions • Significant employee discounts both in-store and online • Coffee bar that serves Starbucks and Seattle's Best Coffee • Easy access to riverside trails and parks when you need to unplug and take a break • Free parking in our lot and loads of free street parking in the area • On-site dry cleaning drop off and pick up service • Opportunity to participate in regular hackathons and other company-wide events
If this sounds like a perfect fit, we want to hear from you! Send us your resume and cover letter to apply. Best Buy Canada is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on gender, race, or sexual orientation.