Senior Civil Engineer -Mine Waste Management
- Job Category
- Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder Associates Inc. is seeking a Senior Civil/Geological/Geotechnical Engineer to join our Mine Waste Team, at our Tucson, Arizona office, will also consider Phoenix, Reno and Denver office locations. You will have the opportunity to work as a part of a regional team on challenging mining, heavy civil, and geotechnical projects.
An overview of your role will include:
- Leading the civil design of mine waste containment (tailings and waste rock) and heap leach facilities including initial layout and design, site selection and facility layout, geotechnical and hydrologic analyses, and preparation of design drawings and technical specifications for construction.
- Managing and executing a wide variety of mine waste geotechnical engineering projects, including managing geotechnical field investigations, laboratory testing programs, data interpretation, and geotechnical analysis.
- Scoping, directing, and reviewing complex geotechnical analyses with a focus on soil mechanics, including stability, seepage, thermal modelling; deposition modeling; and run out analyses for mine waste or water embankment dams and waste rock spoils.
- Independently managing projects according to client-approved scopes of work and delivering high quality reports on time and within budget subject to senior review and oversight.
- Providing or contributing to client relationship and business development activities focussed on building and growing our business
- Working with and leading multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Supporting technical proposals and design work package in response to client needs .
- Managing the work of junior engineers.
- Participating in and promoting a safety-first culture.
Your background will include:
- 14 to 20 years of relevant (post-degree) experience working in a consulting engineering or mining industry environment
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree in Civil or Geological Engineering with background/experience in Geotechnical Engineering.
- Currently registered as a Professional Engineer in the US
- Demonstrated experience working on projects related to tailings management and heap leach facility design in the mining industry, and experience in commonly used software packages
- Sound knowledge in soil mechanics and geotechnical engineering
- Project management skills commensurate with years of experience
- Demonstrated client liaison and business development skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with multi-disciplinary project teams
- Strong technical writing skills, with the ability to think critically and problem solve
- Ability to effectively delegate work and lead project teams
- Commitment to safe work practices for yourself and your colleagues
- Masterâ€™s Degree preferred
- Spanish language skills (verbal and written) would be an asset
- Project management skills
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golderâ€™s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Golder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Golder is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.